Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Mouthy the cemetary is right on the way coming in from the west. Its up on a hill to the LEFT not long before you get to the turnoff to go up towards the lodge that goes right. It is a VERY cool cemetary. I love reading headstones especially since doing my genealogy. There are some there from early 1800s possibly 1700s if I recall correctly. A whole section of children. Family plots...a gorgeous church, that you saw in the picture over looking the valley. And if you can get up to the top of that hill where the cemetary is the view will take your breath away. Its a fun thing to do after lunch before the afternoon session.

Sunspot...you can buy meals for the weekend, I recall having a meal ticket they marked. Its very inexpensive and home cooked meals. The place is up in the boonies, townwise and last time I was there there werent any fast food places anywhere close. You dont want to be running up and down those incredibly dark two lane hilly country roads to do anything you dont really have to. Trust me its worth the few bucks to eat there and that is where a lot of the fellowshipping and trading of stories is. Or in the lobby by the fireplace or walking around the grounds. Blue Mountain Christian Retreat Give em a call and ask what the food tickets are going for for the Witnesses Now For Christ convention. The folks there are really really nice. They have a lobby outside the meeting hall where you can buy all kinds of literature from different folks, religious or not...and they tape every talk and session and you can buy those for a song too. I think when I was there the tapes were like a buck or two each. Once you buy your boarding and food ticket there isnt much else to spend your money on. :)

What your hubby described is what CAMP is that some of us send our kids to isnt it?? :)

Loves

• mouthy
    mouthy

I always take food into the cabin -There is a store before you go up to the Blue Mountain ( a gas station is there also)...Dont go any further than that though before your turn to Convention.Because it is a drive to go to the store... & it is VERY dark at night & lots of deer.... The meals USED to be very good- the last three years they were NOt so hot...( my opinion) you can cook in your cabin if you want. I have breakfast in the Cabin ,lunch & supper in the lodge. You can see a menu for the next day you have to book it the day before Or you can buy it for the whole time your there. I found that a bit costly for me..But there are tables where 6-8 can sit around to eat ..It was great fellowship,,, I am packing today.... You have to take your own sheets & towels. or rent them I think they are two bucks. But if your going with some one she knows all about all that. Looking forward to meeting you....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Aw, Im sorry to hear that the cooking has not been as good as in the past. I stayed in one of the lodges as well as with an EXJ friend who lived fairly close by two of the years. I guess its been too long for my brain to bring it all back but it was a very inexpensive weekend and a great bang for the buck as far as impact on my life went.

I hope you all have a wunnerful time :)

Loves

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you so much, Grace and Loves for all your help....that brochure was also a big help to me! I'll have to call RoseMary again tomorrow (I don't want to become a PEST!) and ask about the sheets, etc.

When I get excited about something....I can't eat (you'd NEVER know that from looking at me, LOL) but I could never eat while we were at assemblies....just nibbled here and there until I got home again. I was more concerned about the availability and the expense of the meals rather than what food was being offered.

This an exceptionally tight month for us financially, hubby is only working minimum hours to keep our income down as low as possible due to a snafu in my SSI checks (whatta headache) and everything is on a tight ship for the next month. He is retiring the first on November so once the wheels are in motion we'll know what we're looking at here! It just seems to be the way it works, huh? Under normal circumstances this would not have been any problem. This came up so quickly or I would have set the $$$ aside long ago!

I'm sure it will all work out just fine....its only two days we're talking about!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sunspot... I will treat you to all the meals. Make yourself know to me ..when you arrive thirdseat on the left as you enter the room O.K. Please "there is more happiness in giving than receiving

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Sunspot... I will treat you to all the meals.

Now that I've had to go find a tissue and wipe my eyes because I couldn't see through the tears.....all I can say is what a sweet, thoughtful and wonderful person you are dear Grace!!!

I am more than grateful....and so overwhelmed! I know you can't be any more well off than I am....and as far as I know, you are not related to Donald Trump...(are you?) Dear one...I will make out just fine without having to take anything from your savings....and I will always remember what a great friend you are....to even make this offer!

With love & warm hugs always,

Annie

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Is this the "Witnesses for Jesus Now" Convention? What a whinefest, went once many years ago, walked out. hundreds of people WHHHIIIIIIINNNIIIINNNNGGGG, about the Watchtower, "boo hoo, look what the Society did to meeeeeeeeeeee.... waahhhhhh!"

Save your time and money, go to a movie!

RR

RR...............

What have you been smoking my friend?

At least no one who attends the WNFJ convention is still belivieng that CTR is the FDS. None of us has reverted to a beginning of "nothingness."

With all do respect.......has any of your "Dawn" events had as many "happy" and congenial people as WNFJ or any other XJW get together?

HappyDad ( a very happy XJW who now gives all praise and glory to Jesus Christ ) ( and gives no regard to the seven volumns of STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I live in Upstate New York, but would be willing to go on Saturday to check it out. Anyone have directions to this place coming from say Syracuse NY? I assume I would go down interstate 81 into PA somewhere. PM me.

Ironclaw,

Sorry I forgot to ask about you when I talked today with the lady I am going with. I was going to tell her that there is someone from upstate NY who needs directions.....or maybe we could meet up somewhere along the way.

I don't drive, and I have no clue what routes she will be taking....but I will do my best to remember when I talk to her to see what can be done to get you on your way there!

We are north of Syracuse but don't know much of what else to say other than we're heading west to Ringgold, PA! (Not much help, am I, haha!)

I'll see what I can do....and I'll PM you when I find out anything!

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Well....here it is after 1:30 AM and I and back up from bed to get on this computer once again. I feel so sad and I think I may have done something really thoughtless and stupid.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep I was thinking over the events of the day and grinning to myself and THEN IT HIT ME!!!! I sat up in shock and I cannot sleep with the nasty feeling running through me.

Grace....you had made such a sweet and generous offer to me, and I had pigheadedly turned it down thinking I was being kind. I was going to PM you privately, but everything else has been put out there openly on this board.....so I felt I should also apologize that way as well.

I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings Grace....the LAST THING I would knowingly DO would be to hurt you......but I am afraid I have done just that anyway...and it makes me feel just awful. Please understand what I said and why I said it....but I can't help but feel I was wrong now, after the fact.

I wanted you to know that I now realize that I stepped on your feelings and it was thoughtless of me. Forgive me for being a jerk.

Maybe now I can go back and try to get some sleep.

G'night.

hugs,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings Grace....the LAST THING I would knowingly DO would be to hurt you

OOps My dear girl....You dont know me. That didnt hurt at all. Please dont get the idea I am a sweet old lady I am NOT.... I dont hurt easily....I should have offered it privately,but my motive was if there was others who would like to go & they knew I would help this LITTLE bit- they might respond & ask for help. I should be the one apoligising to you.... God I hoped you slept well. Your going to be SO disappointed when you met me everyone is.( Shut up Tresshappy)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit