Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Is anyone familiar with this upcoming event? Or know anyone who attends?

I had "met" a few gals when I first left the WTS (seven years ago) who talked about this convention....one was from western NY....but I have since lost touch with them and lost their email addies years ago. I never thought I'd ever be able to attend having a handicapped child that needed constant attention and no one to stay with him at that time.

My circumstances have changed and I have been invited to go.....and would like to know more about what it entails.

Any help out there?

hugs,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Annie I am 79 as you know.I have attended this convention every year since 1989( when the LORD found me there with 300 apostates ) It is the happiest time of my life .I look forward to it ALL year. I am already packing. Not only is the LOVE there ovewhelming-the beauty of the place is breathtaking.... The leaves of gold, orange, green. the deer wandering around ( one time there was a bear) If you want to go call Joan Cetnar who runs it or the Blue mountain retreat to see if there is room I am already booke unfortunatly my cabin is filled.

Joans tel # is 601-381-3661

Blue Mountain is 570-386-2154 You can tell them Grace gave you the #I am loved there ( not like the WT loves me)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Forgot to tell you it is Oct 20th -I get there on the 19th....God willing after 9 hours driving

• V
    V

Better remove those phone numbers Mouthy... (trying PM to Sunspot instead)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Why? she can get them from the phone book O.K....Scully, Simon.will remove them if I am bad.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Can someone explain what the PA convention is?

I am from Northeast PA and I am wondering what this is?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Sunspot and mouthy, thanks for the reminder and contact info. Hope it doesn't get deleted. I printed out their brochure in early summer and then duly lost it in a flurry of paperwork. Wasn't sure what to Google to find them again but had it filed in the back of my head. I have family not too far away in Easton, PA, and I was thinking of making a weekend of it. Didn't know anyone here to ask, so thanks again. ~Sue

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Sunspot and mouthy, thanks for the reminder and contact info. Hope it doesn't get deleted. I printed out their brochure in early summer and then duly lost it in a flurry of paperwork. Wasn't sure what to Google to find them again but had it filed in the back of my head. I have family not too far away in Easton, PA, and I was thinking of making a weekend of it. Didn't know anyone here to ask, so thanks again. ~Sue

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It is the happiest time of my life .I look forward to it ALL year.

Dear Grace!!!

What a WONDERFUL SURPRISE to READ this!!! Talk about an added BONUS to be meeting YOU after all this time!

The lady and her daughter who invited me, have said that lodging is not a problem and it is all taken care of.....so I don't even know if they stay with friends or relatives nearby or in a cabin as you spoke about. I didn't check on this, LOL....I was just tickled to be able to attend and didn't get details!

When I had that surgery last summer and almost died, I was supposed to be at my son's 4th of July bash, where he had also invited his new neighbor, who turned out to become a really good friend to him (and to us), and this fella earns a very good living. HE piped right up and SAID (not offered) that I would not have to pay for ANYTHING connected with this trip....he would take care of all expenses!

He and I have only chatted a few times out in my son's yard, but he is a really sweet (and FUNNY) down-to-earth guy who had a terrible childhood, was orphaned at age 11, raised himself on the streets, somehow got a good education, and now helps others out any time he can...because he can...you know the type...and they are few and far between.

This opportunity just unexpectedly dropped into my lap, and all I have heard about this convention, echoes everything that you have said. I couldn't be more pleased knowing that you will be there too!

Thank you for the phone number, I'm sure it will come in handy for a possible needed reference.....and thank you for your thoughtfulness! You're the BEST and I can't wait to meet you!

Happy hugs,

Annie

• Emma
    Emma

What convention?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit