Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Mouthy is right, the food wasn't good the last time I was there; and it's expensive. It's much cheaper to drive into Tamaqua and buy groceries. I went three times and have a pretty good idea what goes on there. There was not much whining; just a whole bunch of hearts full of heart who need to be in the same room with people who have been thru the same heap of crap that all of us went thru in the WT.

• mouthy
    mouthy

That says it all Tres

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I keep forgetting to ask things....like...most often---how many are usually in attendance? Hubby has asked how do I plan on finding people (from JWD) in a crowd, who I have no idea what they look like, etc, etc.

If it is a large crowd,---I'm sunk! I don't know where I'll be sitting so I can't even tell anyone else where to find me!

• mouthy
    mouthy

You will find who your looking for I would say there is not THAT big a crowd it varies year to year When I first went there was about 300. last year i think maybe two hundred. But that is only a guess the only year I DIDNT go they said there was only about ONE hundred....Opposite the desk where you register there is a message board write a not to Grace Gough & tell me where you are & I will find you but I told you I am in the third seat on the left isle as you walk in Gray headed ,ugly, old lady, usually in black( cos I kid myself it makes me look thinner lol) Because I am fat!!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Opposite the desk where you register there is a message board write a not to Grace Gough & tell me where you are & I will find you but I told you I am in the third seat on the left isle as you walk in Gray headed ,ugly, old lady, usually in black( cos I kid myself it makes me look thinner lol) Because I am fat!!!!

I just saw your post---you make me laugh so much!!!! I tried three times to read this to hubby but had to stop because I was laughing so hard!

I knew where you'd be sitting cuz you told me (are you kidding----I memorized that post!!) but I had no clue how many folks would be there and was curious how I would work around my "finding" problem. I have also seen pictures of you and have a fairly good idea of what you look like and I think I'd be able to find you without a problem!

I was 55 pounds overweight until I had that upset in the hospital last summer and dropped 30 pounds in six weeks. I have gained some of that back though, now that I have to eat more often due to the diabetes they just found shortly after I came home from the hospital. So I am "pleasingly plump" too! Ya can't WIN, I tell ya!

The closer we get to the date---the more excited I am getting! I go to sleep thinking about stuff I need to do or remember to pack....and wake up later thinking ..."oh yeah---okay---where was I on this?" during the night, haha!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

hugs,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

The closer we get to the date---the more excited I am getting!

Me to I am PACKED already....LOL ...Wait till you meet Inez & her hubby.. They claimed to be of the Remnant when they came first -just to check us out. Wonderful folks!!! Now comes every year - have a group to help JWS KNOW the truth. I just love her SO brave -Gone through SO MUCH...Well we have four things in comman so far Annie fat,exJWs,diabetics,& a sense of humor ...... Wont be long now YIPPIEE

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

You can take pee breaks and no one stares at you when you walk down the aisle to go to the bathroom. Most everyone wears nametags. Mouthy will greet everyone with a hug. Everyone introduces themselves the first session of the first day. The first time I went I hid in the bathroom I was too scared too talk. Most people remember me because I was the one who got up and told how I when I left the WT, I would take my garbage and throw it out in the KH parking lot!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Tresshappy you know how I remember you???? Cos when i first met you you told me your were an astrik kid>????? I didnt understand that until you told me you were an elders kid....that is what you meant by astrik

But after I slept under you for a few nights....I believed it !!!!! whew!!! it must be in the genes

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit