Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

WNFJ.......

My best friend Gold_Morning who use to post here on JWD is the first testimony on Saturday. She is kind of nervous, but she will do just great. She is the loveliest woman in the world. Sure wish I could be there.

But..............I'm going to try and get a room in one of the local communities if I can. If I do............I will be there and hope to see some of you...........especially Mouthy.

HappyDad

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Can't do it, Grace. Not this year, anyway. Another year...well, who ever knows what another year can bring, right? I would LOVE to meet you and Annie. [waves to Annie] Hi, Annie!

I have this...wife...and she's still...one of them...and I still...love her with every fiber of my being, and her feelings would be very deeply hurt if I took off for Pennsylvania. Even though she knows I'm lonely, she doesn't really think it is cool for me to go off by myself to spend time with people that I can commiserate with. But she also won't come with me.

I hate being in the middle stage of leaving. Once she leaves all will be well...

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I would like to try and make it for one day, Saturday the 21st looks good on my calender. I live in Upstate New York, but would be willing to go on Saturday to check it out. Anyone have directions to this place coming from say Syracuse NY? I assume I would go down interstate 81 into PA somewhere. PM me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

...........especially Mouthy.>>>> thanks !!!!
    Auld >>>>your right to do that...Continue LOVING her .....I Love to hear that men love their wives.

Iron Clad wish I could help with directions...But I go to CAA to get a trip Tic. Call the Blue Mountains & ask It is on my 1st post I think ( the #)

• RR
    RR

Is this the "Witnesses for Jesus Now" Convention? What a whinefest, went once many years ago, walked out. hundreds of people WHHHIIIIIIINNNIIIINNNNGGGG, about the Watchtower, "boo hoo, look what the Society did to meeeeeeeeeeee.... waahhhhhh!"

Save your time and money, go to a movie!

RR

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

RR,

Perhaps it has changed, perhaps not. Perhaps your impression of it would be different now, perhaps not. Perhaps those who did not share your experience many years ago will not have a repeat of your experience this year, and a movie wouldn't have been better for them after all. Perhaps if they had gone with you many years ago they would have seen it differently than you saw it. Perhaps not.

Just a thought.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• RR
    RR

Perhaps ... but for me ... and I mean no offense ... I don't see the need to get together on a yearly basis like some District Convention for xdubs and remain each other of the pain many have gone through.

So many come to this forum, it comforts them, they get answers and then move on, but not before saying "Hey thanks, I'm leaving the forum now."

I know a guy, was DF'd 40 years ago, the anger and hate is still with him, as if it happened yesterday. He spent 40 years consumed with hatred and never made anything of himself because of it. I have to avoid him, because I can't deal with his whining, as if there is nothing else to talk about, "hey' let's talk about those stinking Yankees losing yesterday, Yea! Let's go Mets" no he wants to talk about "those stinking Watchtowers". Move on!

RR

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

RR,

Not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

a friend of mine attended this witness for jesus convention last year or the year before i think for one day while she was going through her christian phase. she heard a lot of testimonies and she said overall it was a very positive experience. her husband did not like it at all and pretty much said what RR did. she said it was nothing like a jw convention and he said it reminded him of one. i guess the only way to know for sure is to check it out for yourself.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

One of these years I'll get, preferably before Grace pops her clogs

This year and last it's been in close proximity to exams, so I've simply not been able to make it. I'm taking a break from the schooling, next Summer, so next year is a distinct possibility!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit