FELLOW BRITS!

by Dansk 148 Replies latest members private

• south african beef
    south african beef

Dansk - believe me we definitely want to come and meet you and everyone, but Bubble has used up all of her holiday this year and being in retail saturdays are hard to get off. She is trying to get someone to swop her saturday off.

As I said we will let you know by the weekend.

Cheers,

SAB
    (Ian) - great name eh?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    (Ian) - great name eh?

But of course!

Ian

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

ah yes the call of mother

been in oz since '54 and nearly went back to run a pub for the family ,but dad said the place sucks so we did'nt go back and his ashes are part of the landscape now. I guess the war ,smoggy pea soups, the depression of the '30s fixed him up........oh and the depression and intensity of the people....well........

steve

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Dansk

I'd love to hear yours and Mrs.Gilberto's story from your own lips - how about over a curry?

Thanks for the mention on my thread about the apostacurry.

Crumpet

I hope you will let us get to know you a bit too and your wife on here and that before long you'll be aposta-festing it large with us guys!

I have been reading about the apostacurry with envy. On leaving the troof you do realise that you didn't really have any friends, so I am jealous, but we won't be able to come.

I can remember thinking when I first started lurking that apostofests must be for saddo's. Don't know why I thought it I just did. Probably some sort of denial/defence mechanism.

But now I realise the friendships built up here are unique in the sense that unless you were in the borg no-one can fully understand the situation on leaving. Not only that I am too embarrasssed to let people know I was associated with them in the first place. I have avoided that for many years.

So I do look forward to meeting up with you at some time in the future.

But you guys enjoy the curry and have a drink for me, I will be with you in spirit.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    can remember thinking when I first started lurking that apostofests must be for saddo's.

Well you have seen the photos now presumably of us all enjoying ourselves at Eman's -so you can truly be the judge as to whether we are saddos now! Legless-o's thats true but sad - nah!

You should just go to one - you will enjoy yourself so much and probably get addicted! Its very hard not to go to the next one when you have been to one.

I have made some fabulous friends who I talk to daily now and seeing people in person just cements that.

xx

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Crumpet

Well you have seen the photos now presumably of us all enjoying ourselves at Eman's -so you can truly be the judge as to whether we are saddos now! Legless-o's thats true but sad - nah!

Hey Crumpet I would have loved to have gone to Emans BBQs, if I could have sneaked away without anyone knowing I might have done so.

Eman was a bit of a hero of mine when I first came to the board, shame he doesn't post anymore

• Moomin
    Moomin

I think I saw a video of Englishman's bbq on youtube. Why doesn't he post anymore?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Why doesn't he post anymore?

I think he's under the impression that he's barred - but I don''t think that's the case.

Have I asked you if you're coming to the APOSTA CURRY?!

Ian

• Gordy
    Gordy

Gordon

age 55

Birkenhead, Merseyside

Was a JW baptised January 1972, DA'd Sept 2001.

If I can will try to get to the "Aposta-curry", if I have the date and times, can work out public transport to get there.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Ian, Thank you very much for inviting me but I don't think I'll be able to make it :(

I'll be with you in spirit like Gilberto :)

Thanks again anyway :)

Moomin

P.s. I noticed Crumpet's new picture and she reminds me of Staci Keanan, the girl from My 2 Dads. I love those American kid's shows from years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit