FELLOW BRITS!

by Dansk 148 Replies latest members private

• okie46
    okie46

I am not a Brit, but love reading all your posts and hope to come meet you all some day. Wish I could make it, I love curry too.

• searcher
    searcher

Hi Ian,

My name is Steve, one of the English Brits, you might remember me, we met at ISP & Latte's home in early '03.

I never was a JW, found this place while researching the JW part of religion, made lots of friends and stayed around.

I was born in Derby but now live in Lincolnshire, near Boston.

Cant make the curry fest unfortunately, (maybe not a bad thing really, I dont like curry ).

• Dansk
    Dansk
    you might remember me, we met at ISP & Latte's home in early '03.

Hi Steve,

Of course I remember you! Good to see you posting again!!

Okie, we all look forward to meeting you!!

Ian

• vitty
    vitty

I am from the UK, cant say which part...................still fading and feeling paranoid

I just wonder how many on this board ive sat next to at an assembly or convention.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    just wonder how many on this board ive sat next to at an assembly or convention.

It depends which ones you were at Vitty. I've been to dcs in Nottingham, Sheffield, Wolverhampton, Manchester, London, West Bromwich, Coventry, Leeds and a few other places, so we might have sat close to each other at some point

• vitty
    vitty

I was at Manchester ( main road) , Stoke and Wolverhamton.

And not forgetting Northendon

• Dansk
    Dansk

Main Road & Northendon! Wow!!

Yep, been to both!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Ian,

I was at an assembly at Maine Road in 1995. I went up there with Trev and a couple of other JWs. Trev went there because he used to work at the dc we were assigned to, but had been given the highlights of the Saturday of the dc to do in the service meeting after our dc, so he went to take notes. He used to work on the car parks at Sheffield, a bit away from the stadium.

Maybe we saw you there, without knowing you, obviously.

Linda

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hello Marion - and welcome - we've been looking forward to seeing you on here after introudctions from Linda and Look forward to meeting you in person at the curry in October!

(PS i have lived and attended congregations in Derby although going back more than 20 years - Eastwood, Langley Mill, West Bridgeford, Heanor ?)

Nina

• Dansk
    Dansk

Linda:

Small world.

We also attended Goodison Park (one year) and the rest of the time at the Manchester Evening News (M.E.N.) arena for the DAs. I was an attendant at the M.E.N. - and so were my daughters, Jody and Stephanie.

Claire got a part in an item at the M.E.N. one year.

I hated assemblies. That was the reason I volunteered (I was a watchman, rather than an attendant, but still a garbage job). I just couldn't stomach sitting through hours of drone. Being a watchman meant I could walk around the stadium - and watch hundreds of other JWs having fun outside or eating hamburgers just off the approach.

Someone said: "We wouldn't do this for anyone but Jehovah!" Sheesh, how true - and how nauseating! Can't believe I did that. Can't belive I allowed my family to be put through that! What a plonker!!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit