FELLOW BRITS!

by Dansk 148 Replies latest members private

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Another Glaswegian here! I'm not a curry eater tho - prefer a good Chinese! I teach in higher education after defying my local elders who strongly discouraged me from having any kind of ambition at all.

I love any kind of sport, especially footie and can be spotted at Ibrox stadium following the mighty Gers!
    I also love to write and play music, - I know more guitar chords than Status Quo.

FF

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Proud English chap.35.Gsoh.Loves travelling,Rugby,football,eating out , Rock musi.........

HANG ON A MO,ive already got a girlfriend!!lol.

Seriously,im in the London area and wish we had more aposto-stuff down here(yeah yeah i know,i should arrange one..)i would love to finally meet some of you good people.

I faded 3 and a half years ago...should have done it long before that.The religions nuts!

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Thanks for the thread Ian

I'm a curry loving, beer drinking, skirt chasing London Boy!!! I'm actually an ex-pat living somewhere far away from England, and have successfully faded for a while now.......

I'ts great to chat with fellow Brits and reminisce about home.....i hope that one day we can meet Ian....and all my other Brit friends on jwd.

Jason

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I know more guitar chords than Status Quo

Wow..you know 4 chords???

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I know! - Pretty chuffed actually! I can also play the riff to Smoke on the Water, but I don't want to appear big headed.

FF

• Dansk
    Dansk

Alek, Ade, Rachel & Grant, Nelly136, Devilsnok, Freedomfighter & Fleaman - are you coming to the Aposta Curry?

Jason:

I'm a curry loving, beer drinking, skirt chasing London Boy!!! I'm actually an ex-pat living somewhere far away from England, and have successfully faded for a while now.......

I'm hoping you can get over for the curry!

FF:

I can also play the riff to Smoke on the Water, but I don't want to appear big headed.

Bring your guitar (can leave it at my house), come for a curry and then you can play it in the pub! I know you're not a curry eater, but the restaurant does other things!

Great meeting you all here! Hope to meet you all in person!!

Ian

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

This thread is soooo kewl ((( Ian )))

I'm a gonna chime in here: Maternal lineage (adopted and don't know who sperm donor was) has English, Swedish, German ancestry - german being the most recent addition. The main English is the Pearson lineage (my birth name) which dates back to the land purchase made in London of Thomas Person from Wm Penn of a tract in Pennsylvania. Mr. Person migrated to Pennsylvania in 1682 with Penn's first voyage.

These Pearson decendants remained Quaker, and married mostly English Quakers until my Gr.Grandfather broke away and married my "Gramma" a 3nd gen swede. (My Gr.gr. grandmother's maiden name is Marimon, a US derivative of Merrymoon - and traced to the 1500's england - when Himself HenryVIII destroyed the catholic cathedrals and monestaries, including the many records kept by the catholics of his day).

I had a very powerful reaction when I had a job outside of Philadelphia, Penn a number of years back. I had an even more powerful reaction to England this summer when we visited! It's incredible to return to the "motherland".

I'm 2nd gen dub. I walked away 30 years ago after marrying that "good JW man" because his now my congregation shunned me because I married into the wrong family. It just wasn't right! And many of these shunners were friends of my family! That' what hurt worse.

I'll be back to England. Just trying to find the dollars to double into pounds.... Gawd it's expensive over there!!

• lowden
    lowden

Me, i'm Lowden (is that my real name??)

Just gone 40 , time served Chef, qualified CYQ Personal Trainer, crazy Nature Boy (NVQ Environmental Conservation) love jumping up and down mountains, Musician and Singer/Songwriter (been playing the guitar for 27 yrs) have 3 teenage sons of whom i am very proud.

JW from 18 to 33 and very glad to be emancipated.

Salfordian born and bred (HOPE Hospital)

Currently single (steady girls)

Very strong minded, quite opinionated, sometimes arrogant but ultimately forgiving of even the most foolish (even myself)

Is that enough??? It's beginning to sound like a dating form.

Oh and my fave drinks are Guinness, Hennessey Congac, Macallan Single Malt and fresh pressed Apple Juice

Peace

Lowden

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

This is a great thread, and interesting to see all the Bits abroad.

Im a Brit, but I was born in Melboune Australia (mum and dad were on the hippy trail, and had to stop to drop me). Came back when I was 3, so dont remember any sharks or BBQ's.

Lived near Leeds til I was 18 then left home looking for a job. Lived in Southampton for a while then moved to Gloucester with my dub husband. Had a baby, got divorced, left the WTS, went on a shagathon. I am now a sensible settled teacher of mathematics.

• Ade
    Ade

Hi Ian and everyone else,

I cant attend for this curry.

1) i dont own a car lol
    2) i'm not in a fit state of mind at the moment >:(

However many thanks for the invitation, I hope im going to get better little by little from this anxiety ( it comes and goes every few years - normally triggered by stressful events )

I would like to say however that as soon as im mentally stable again lol . How would some of you feel about hitting chinatown in Birmingham for a meal ( or maybe then i could get to manchester )???

God bless you all - and many thanks for the invite
    Ade and family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit