FELLOW BRITS!

by Dansk 148 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

It's been noticeable of late that many posters are from Great Britain. Please post to this thread if you are British, say something about yourself and where you reside (unless you are fading and wish to keep the information private). Are you interested in attending any "Aposta Festivals", which usually consist of a barbecue and a trip to the pub!

We're shortly to have an APOSTA CURRY (see thread of same name) in Manchester. Are you attending?

It's great to have you here.

Your fellow Brit,

Ian

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi Ian,

Yep, I'm a Brit, albeit an ex-pat. I resided a stones throw from Brooklyn Mecca and miss a good curry dearly.

steve

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

English here (of Scottish descent) I live in the county of Bedfordshire just to the north-east of London. If anyone has read Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan here is a clue to my exact location. I can be found just north of the “Delectable Mountains“, south of the “Slough of Despond“, and east of the “Valley of the Shadow of Death”

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ian

You know me already, albeit through this forum, and it will be in person soon, at the Apostacurry.

love

Linda

btw, I see the dubs kn 37 campaign starts on Oct 16th, just before the Apostacurry. They are visiting places of business, maybe they'll come to the curry house while we are there, that'd be a laugh.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm English - Irish and live in West Yorkshire not far from the border with the 'dark side'!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Scottish, still go to meetings.

Slim

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks for your replies!

Linda:

I see the dubs kn 37 campaign starts on Oct 16th, just before the Apostacurry. They are visiting places of business, maybe they'll come to the curry house while we are there, that'd be a laugh.

Fortunately, the curry will be after hours for the Dubs!!

As most of you will know, I live in the town of Whitefield, which is about 6 miles from Manchester City centre and around 3-4 miles from Bury. While born in Manchester (Partington, actually, which was then in Cheshire but is now in Greater Manchester, but I was brought up in Stretford, where Manchester United play) I'm actually the son of immigrants. My father was Danish (his grandfather was German, hence my surname Hinze (pronounced Hintse or Hinser). My mother was Irish and her father was Norwegian. I work part-time as a freelance writer and have done investigative journalism. I'm 52 - 53 in December.

Claire, my wife of almost 28 years, is a Manchester girl. Her mum and dad are British but Claire's grandad was Italian. She's 47 and is a superintendant chartered physiotherapist. We have 4 children - our story can be found in the archives under 'TORN APART' http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/47295/1.ashx. I'm proud of that thread because so many people have said it helped them! We still have one child in the organisation and she has shunned the rest of the family for the past three and a half years. But we live in hope

Claire and I live in a 4-bedroomed bungalow in a quiet cul-de-sac and we own two border collies, Rosie and Sally. You may be wondering why I'm giving away so much personal detail. Well, the truth is we feel completely free of the Borg now and don't give a hoot about them!! We've found that our being so open has encouraged others to be strong. We shall continue to help as many people as we can quit the Organisation.

Slim, you say you still go to meetings. Are you trying to fade or do you like being a JW? Whatever, you are welcome to come to the APOSTA CURRY: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117203/1.ashx

Claire and I are really looking forward to meeting people we haven't seen before and to meeting up again with those we have!

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Shameless curry plugging Ian!

I am English (decided to say that - since we never hear Welsh or Irish or Scots say that they are British so I'm returning the compliment!).

I'm of no fixed abode as of this weekend. Single. 31. I don't really know any of my family history really because when I reached an age where I realised the world didn't revolve around me after all (31 16) my family were shunning me and so I couldn't ask them any questions.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Nina:

Shameless curry plugging Ian!

You know me too well!

Ian

• Ade
    Ade

Yup im A brit.

Kates hill
    dudley
    west mids
    The area with the armoured vehicles and police helicopters overhead.

Curry no thanks give me mexican anytime >:)

BTW guys n gals i'm just waiting for my last batch of habaneros to ripen off, any of you hard enough lol??

all the best
    Ade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit