WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

I guess they didn't intend it that way but it is a tacit admission that a lot are leaving.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

thanks for posting this!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"Christians are therefore heartbroken to see their loved ones sow in such a way as to ensure a bitter harvest" (p. 17)

Translation:

"Jehovah's Witnesses must shun their children if they do not follow us, and it is their fault if any "bitterness" results, and you must this even if it "breaks your heart".

• Mystery
    Mystery

Highlander - I noticed the same thing you did regarding the elder and his "wife's daughter" - It shows that there was "a lot of love going on there". My husband has never said "those are my wife's sons" (he is their stepdad) He says "those are our sons". I feel sorry for the wife's daughter - if he refered to her this way can you imagine how she must have felt growing up with him?

I agree with Yesidid, there must be a lot of young ones leaving (thank God!) for this to be an issue.

(Pg. 4) …At any rate, there is nothing to be gained by indulging in “if onlys”….Then look to the future, not the past.

This to me is a submininal message as JoeGrundy brought up. "If only" the end had come in '75 "this" would have never happened. Don't look at the past misgivings of our belief - look to the future.

(pg. 5) Remember, if we were to leave Jehovah, we would still have problems.

Are parents turning their backs on Jehovah due to their children leaving? Are they trying to reinforce that "without Jehovah's" blessing their life would become only a problem. When first leaving i felt that everything that happen wrong in my life was because i had turned my back on Jehovah. I felt guilt and felt that I would never be able to go back and completely please "him". That my destiny was to live a miserable life full of problems due to me turning my back on Jehovah. This reinforces that they are still using the same pitch that they were using before '75.

I am so glad I grew up!

• Gill
    Gill

The sheer arrogance of that article is a disgrace.

The so called' FDS' are a disgrace to themselves.

What's with 'the storm clouds of Armageddon are swiftyly approaching'? Behind the whole thing is, 'if they don't return to the WTBTS soon, they're all going to die!'

I was surprised at the part that mentioned that those who 'leave Jehovah' will not associate with their JW relatives, rather than the official and unofficial shunning imposed by the WTBTS! In fact, I didn't even see 'shunning' mentioned. It was discretely covered by the phrase of 'discipline from the congregation'.

This is one of those very clever, mind twisting articles that just makes any person 'in the know' sick to the back teeth of the WTBTS mind control tricks.

• Gill
    Gill

Oh! And thank you Midget Sasquatch!!!!

I have only just read this article but, I want to say to any lurkers reading on this site, or any others that are just beginning to fade, that since I left the WTBTS, discretely fading, I have NEVER been so happy and never been so healthy! I don't doubt and I know others do to, that day to day life brings its problems and anxieties still, as it does for every human alive. But, to be free from the mind games of the bOrd is a relief in itself. Now I am an ordinary person with ordinary problems, that most people have to deal with day in day out. I can deal with them as I see fit and no s..t spewing book publishing company is going to tell me what to do or not do.

If my relatives do not see fit to speak or associate with me and mine any more, frankly they can kiss my ass!

That is when real freedom comes. When you finally don't care what anyone thinks or how they judge you when you live a normal, good, and ordinary life.

My husband and self, lost ALL of our family in effect. My parents speak to us, but only occassionally. My sister recently left the bOrg and is beginning making her life out. However, ALL of the rest do not want to know us. And you know what, frankly we finally don't give a damn!

The cheek of the WTBTS to suggest that it is those that leave that refuse to associate with those still in is a wicked and evil lie. But what can you expect from the wicked and evil Slave Class!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i would be more interested in their explanation of the subject - when jehovah leaves a loved one

for lo - that is what he did to me

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks for those scans, Midget-Sasquatch!

Do not give up hope. Love “hopes all things.” (1 Corinthians 13:7) Ken, mentioned above, says: “When our children left the way of the truth, I thought that it was like their death. But after my sister died, my view changed. I am grateful that my children are not literally dead and that Jehovah continues to leave the way open for them to return to him.” Indeed, experience has shown that many who have left the truth eventually do return

Why be "grateful" that his children are not literally dead? At least then they would be assured a Resurrection™ in the New System™. At least that's what I was told by a JW "friend" was the best option for my kids if I "turned my back on The Truth™."

This article is so revolting and disgusting. Blame the ones who left. Blame the ones who remain. But never, ever criticize the Organization™. BAH!

• greendawn
    greendawn

This concept is a right mess, "leaving jehovah" shows how everything revolves around the concept of God as presented in the old testament when God was perceived as a Lord whereas in the New Testament he becomes a father.

And of course the claim that they are God's organisation is a myth God has less to do with them than the mainstream serious religions. Leaving their cultic org is like leaving the devil.

• Scully
    Scully

Reading that reminded me of a conversation I had with my dad. He was trying to justify the way he was treating me, and mentioned those words "when you left Jehovah...." I stopped him dead in his tracks and reminded him that to equate Jehovah and the Organization™ was tantamount to idolatry. He corrected himself and said "when you left The Truth™... " and continued on his little tirade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit