WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

What it boils down to, is that they're all NUTS!

Gill - Who has dropped off the Nut tree and is running for all she's worth!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's a damage control article. They're trying to mitigate the damages their own shunning policy is doing to their own employees. They have SO MANY parents now required to shun their children they have a depression epidemic. They are telling the world that their own policies are hurting their own people. This piece is a study in loaded language and innuendo. It's a great article.
    Then there's a cattle call to the walkaways in the box on page 21.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

"Jehovah continues to leave the way open for them to return to him."

But does the organization?

Is Jehovah's way one of guilt, shunning, and fear tactics to induce obediance? Is this the way of Jesus? Should fear and grief be the paths to God or should love be? Does the organization imitate Jesus with its' harsh treatment of DF/DA ones? If guilt and fear are the results of shunning and one does return, whose will has been done, Jehovah's or the organization's?

• Gill
    Gill

Hoping4Change - Welcome.

The Organization lives up to it's name of JEHOVAH's Witnesses. This particular God was all into all out slaughter of old, young, virgin etc....

The Org and Jehovah show the same lack of compassion so it's not be a surprise to see it nowadays.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Thanks, Midget S. for the postings. I'm relieved to know there's no change in WT policy regarding faders.

The article's subtext to those who have left is anything but subtle:
    "Remember the storm clouds of Armageddon are swiftly approaching" -- Come back now or JEHOVAH WILL KILL YOU!
    "You cannot know if you will even be alive tomorrow" -- Come back now or JEHOVAH WILL KILL YOU!
    "If you have left Jehovah, now is the best time to return" -- Come back now or JEHOVAH WILL KILL YOU!

The WTS could save a lot of money on printing costs by just printing "Become a JW now or JEHOVAH WILL KILL YOU!" on a small tract instead of finding 1000 ways of saying the same thing. It's a waste of good resources to wrap their vicious message in a soft blanket of substitute verbiage.

• Gill
    Gill

Parakeet! - Excellent point. In the end, that's all they're saying. Though they don't want you to know that's what they're saying.

As I said to my parents, 'What do you think will happen if I don't return to the meetings?' They looked awkward and had to think for a while before insisting that 'nothing' would happen. Then they started to get really stuck!

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Remember the storm clouds of Armageddon are swiftly approaching"I thought Armageddon was coming "like a thief in the night". . . Now it's rolling in like a thunder storm? When did this change?

• Nellie
    Nellie

Exactly Gary - THAT never made any sense to me.

I'm glad I could read this article - I was wondering what was in it. Now I know it's all MY fault that my best friend has dumped me.

• Scully
    Scully
    "Remember the storm clouds of Armageddon are swiftly approaching"I thought Armageddon was coming "like a thief in the night". . . Now it's rolling in like a thunder storm? When did this change?

They keep forgetting that the Great Tribulation™ has to begin before Armageddon™ arrives "like a thief in the night" or "storm clouds".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The sheep are getting nervous

May 15, 2006 Watchtower

12 hours ago by Anthony
    It was studied by the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses in mid-June. The whole
    article presents what I feel is an idolotrous image of the Organization.
    While faith in God and Jesus is given token mention in regards to salvation the ... Reflections - http://amathenia.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit