WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    My hunch:

becoming Inactive™ = Leaving The Truth™ = Leaving Jehovah™ = becoming Disassociated (by your own actions) = "let the shunning begin!"

The article does have a certain smell about it... Maybe they will let the shunning begin. This might mark the start of a more informal shunning process. They leave it up to your "bible trained conscience"™ to do what is the right thing and then TELL YOU what the right thing is. A lot of the elders where my wife attends already shun me informally. I am sure it wouldn't take much new lightand they all would. The flock would follow along like a bunch of sheep (first we flease them,then we eat them) I almost look forward to something like this coming to a head. so I can tell them to shove it up their........

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I enjoy their condescension.

After all the years of attending meetings, field service hours, and all the prayers; the only thing they have learned is how to judge others. (label people)

Their example is anything but Christlike. (by their own definition)

Happy hunting for those that feel qualified to determine who has left Jehovah.

If they were smart, they would start with themselves.

• Scully
    Scully

Blondie:

Believe me, if inactive JWs will officially be considered having DA'd, the elders would be told first in a letter from the WTS; the first notice will not be in an article in a WT. So I gather that those men who post here who have demonstrated they are still in the elder notification loop, will get notification first and let us know.

The September 1 WT won't be considered at the meetings until....October? November maybe? There's still plenty of time (3 months minimum) for that notification to arrive and make it "official".

Maybe this is part of the hoopla for the new service year's pending excitement.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the fear of being cut off from our families is what keeps a lot of us inactive ones quiet about the wtbs.

if they cut off inactive ones anyway, there will be a lot of people being informed about the true nature of the wtbs and its scandals.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the magazines are received in the congregation so that they can be placed in a timely fashion...in this case by September 1. So the elders will have to have been informed by then. Remember too that Bethelites get the magazines hot off the press, even much earlier than September 1.

Not much lead time to tell the elders...............

I think candidlynuts has a good point that many inactive JWs keep a low profile. If the WTS makes inactivity the same as DAing yourself, they will open up a can of worms.

Blondie

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

OH LORDY! ( eye roll here!)

I can just here all our witness family bragging about how appropriate this article is for them! "food at the proper time" and some such nonsense.

So who is going to post the article? I would like to be able to read this article.....

• blondie
    blondie

Well, truthseeker has the 8/15 but this is for the 9/1 WT. So as far as I know, it has not been released yet. Truthseeker seems to get the WT earlier than I do; I'm sure he'll post it.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Who cares really. I got my A tag back in the late 80's, when it was really something. Once I stopped giving any importance to their stupidity in "shunning" me, they pretty much left me alone.

I think that the answer to that forthcoming article should be...Who Gives a Ratts Bullet Sack.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Stealth, everyone's situation is different.

I remember a song, freedom is nothing left to lose. Some people on JWD still have things to lose and loose ends to tie up. I think they would rather do it on their timetable than the WTS'.

So you have had 20 plus years to adjust.

No point in getting excited for about something no one has read yet or could have read yet. The WTS has had plenty of articles over the years about the inactive and how to get them back. They try every year before the memorial.

Love, Blondie

• gymbob
    gymbob

This article should no doubt have some unbelievable scripture twists, along with alot of BS to make any loyal dub feel real guilty if they ever miss, or want to talk to a friend or relative who just couldn't buy into it anymore. Can you imagine HOW MANY PEOPLE THIS WILL HIT REAL CLOSE TO HOME WITH? Sad to say...most will accept it. GYMBB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit