WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

With all due respect Blondie, the WTS has no timetable. Its the same hash every meal.

However, I do agree that some people need to reconcile their destiny in their own way. Personally, I'm glad they just leave me alone now.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Do you think that they might as people to encourage us spiritually. They would be able to count their hours with us even though we are baptized? A study with us could equate more hours?

cab

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Shame on them. Another tool in their emotional blackmail kit.
    I can just envision how this is going to affect my mum. I think reading/studying an article of this kind is going to make her feel so low and depressed.
    What is the point of these articles. I bet you there will be nothing upbuilding in it for 'those affected'...

• blondie
    blondie
    Do you think that they might as people to encourage us spiritually. They would be able to count their hours with us even though we are baptized? A study with us could equate more hours?

Actually, when inactive JWs come back, the elders do arrange for them to study with a JW...that JW can count time, placements, and a bible study with that inactive person...usually limited to 1 year....they do the same with JWs that are reinstated.

Blondie

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I'll post the milk of the article when I get it, I leave the meat to Blondie! :)

We have a few on here whose spouse are either fading or thinking of fading.

An article like this one could change the mind of someone who is listening to their spouse about the research they've been doing on the Society.

I don't know if this is a study article, but it could be.

If it is a study article, it will be SIGNIFICANT, because no article has ever addressed this one single topic - much like the WT article dedictated to demonizing and discouraging higher education.

• Gill
    Gill

There's a slim chance that this article may not be quite as bad as we expect, (though I'm not holding my breath)!

The New Release 'LIVE WITH JEHOVAH'S DAY IN MIND' says on pages 145-146

You may know of some who learned about Jehovah exercised faith in him, and became active in true worship but are not presently serving him. The messages Jehovah sent through the 12 prophets show that he was willing to extend mercy to those who were once among his people but who did not persist in true worship. The same is true today, whether such ones have drifted away, have been drawn away, or have fallen away into wrong doing and need to repent. Though they may not be happy while away from Jehovah, they may find it difficult to return. God appeals to them, as in the words of his prophet: 'This is what Jehovah of armies has said: 'Return to me,' is the utterance of Jehovah of armies, 'and I shall return to you.' How reassuring are Hosea's words! He says: 'Do come back, O Israel to Jehovah your God, for you have stumbled in your error. Take with yourselves words and come back to Jehovah. Say to him, all you people, ' May you pardon error; and accept what is good.' Yes, even those who committed gross sins but who then returned to God in true repentance could experience forgiveness leading to full recover. That was so in the prophets' days, and it is true in our

What though does that mean for Christians who have remained on the road to life? How can we show that we have Jehovah's view of others? Jehovah expect us to show mercy, both to new ones and those who may have lapsed in their service to him. God stated through Hosea what He wants from us:

'In loving-kindness I have taken delight, and not in sacrifice.' Jesus Christ drew on those words and expressed the though this way: 'Go then, and learn what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice.' Our demonstrating such mercy is critical to maintaining our own relationship with God. Note how the apostle Paul linked being forgiving with imitating God: 'Become kind to one another tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another, just as God alsob by Christ freely forgave you. Therefore, become imitator of God as beloved children, and go on walking in love'. How are you doing as to imitating God in this repect?'

This is next to a picture of what is presumably a ex JW cleaning his lovely flash sports car! Bad ex JW! Two JW brothers are attempting to attract him back to JW land in their shirts, ties and with their New World Translations.

'Hey, Brother ex JW! Why are you cleaning that beautiful sports car in your cool leisure wear, when you could be out selling the Watchtower with us?!'

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

My view is that what has been published in the elders' textbook will simply be reinforced. The Society is aware that so-called "apostates" are more skilled than ever at refuting JW teachings, and they feel a need like never before to "protect the flock." Elders and family members who make an effort to encourage "apostates" to return are putting themselves at great risk of getting their own doubts reinforced as they listen to reasons given for leaving the organization.

I think the paragraphs in the new "release" (Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind) have reference to persons who sort of drift away, not to those who take the more serious action of deliberately leaving the organization.

Frank

• Scully
    Scully
    The messages Jehovah sent through the 12 prophets

Which 12 prophets are they talking about?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Barber, Barr, Jaracz, Schroeder etc etc :)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Barber, Barr, Jaracz, Schroeder etc etc :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit