WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

No, I don't have this article yet, it will appear in the Sep 1, 2006 WT.

It may even be a WT study article.

In the August 15 Watchtower, the box "In Our Next Issue" has three forthcoming articles, and one of them is "When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah"

Of interest, it's not when a loved one leaves the Society, it's Jehovah.

Will keep you posted.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

puking smiley

Those idgits

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As Artie, on 'Laugh In' used to say; "Interesting, but very stupid."

I imagine the need to reinforce the loving shunning policies is at hand again. Legalistic idiots.

Jeff

• Scully
    Scully

My hunch:

becoming Inactive™ = Leaving The Truth™ = Leaving Jehovah™ = becoming Disassociated™ (by your own actions) = "let the shunning begin!"

• anewme
    anewme

I have a very bad feeling about this coming article.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Nothing they can do can hurt me. I'm bulletproof.

Leave Jehovah my ass!

Bring it on!

• parakeet
    parakeet

If the WTS decrees that inactive ones must be considered DAed, my JW parents will be up the creek. They are elderly and in poor health (many hospital stays; both were in the hospital within the past 3 weeks). They often must depend on me for cooking, cleaning, doctor visits, helping them sort out their meds, etc.
    I sincerely hope the society will not be forcing a decision on them about this; I don't know how they would manage. The "brothers" and "sisters" will let them twist in the breeze; not one has helped them up to now.
    My parents will be forced to decide either to shun me and manage on their own, or they'll have to accept my help and be DFed themselves. The stress alone may kill them.
    Looks like I'll need a sleeping pill to get any rest tonight.
    Please keep us updated, truthseeker.

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, if inactive JWs will officially be considered having DA'd, the elders would be told first in a letter from the WTS; the first notice will not be in an article in a WT. So I gather that those men who post here who have demonstrated they are still in the elder notification loop, will get notification first and let us know.

Most JWs are very wary around inactive JWs; some even taking it upon themselves to actively shunning those people. I wonder at what point an inactive JW will be considered to have DA'd?

At 6 months on the dot?

At 12 months, 18 months, 24 months..............

Will be in conjunction with an attempt by the elders to meet with them and a polite refusal by the inactive person?

What if people go to all the meetings but turn in no time..........

What if people attend the meetings for years and don't get baptized (I have known several people like that over the years)?

Blondie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

although Jehovah is mentioned in the title... it will be interesting to see how often Jehovah or Jesus is actually mentioned in the article.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Blondie:
    ***Believe me, if inactive JWs will officially be considered having DA'd, the elders would be told first in a letter from the WTS; the first notice will not be in an article in a WT.***
    Blondie, thanks for the assurance that this issue is not on the radar right now. I've been inactive for nearly 30 years; it seems silly and redundant for them to DF me after so many years. If it weren't for my parents, I wouldn't much care what the society does. My parents are my only connection to the WT and the only power it still holds over me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit