WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Midget-Sasquatch
  • Odrade
    Odrade

Ugh. that made me nauseaous.

• lilybird
    lilybird

That article can be summed up in one word..CULT....

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

"I especially miss him at large family gatherings."

Subtext: Those who have "left Jehovah" should not be at family gatherings, either. Sure places all the blame on the evil satanic people who left, huh...twisting the knife about all the pain they're causing. It couldn't possibly be caused by blindly following the rules of some stupid organization beyond all common sense.

RE: Studying the Revelation book...

AGAIN???? For God's sake how many times can that book be studied?? How many times has it actually been studied already (we've been out a good 10 years)? How old is it, anyway? We were 'in' when it was released, and we studied it at least 3x before we left. I distinctly remember studying it 2 times back-to-back!

Is this some sort of record or have there been other books studied this much?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

What filth. I'm glad I scanned it briefly in my house, so I can go downstairs and take some Pepto Bismol to help with the feeling of revulsion I've got in my stomach now.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

As an outsider, I found this article fascinating.

The subliminal messages in the illustrations: white affluent couple with (apparently) nice home, nice clothes and neatly brushed hair even in moments of distress. (You could achieve this affluence if you were a JW). The 'left Jehovah' guy on the country lane (you'll end up lonely).

No mention that it's common or even usual for kids as they grow up to become independent and want to do their own thing and question what they've been taught, and that's an essential part of growing up. No mention at all of the 'departed one', as if they're completely excluded. No mention of telling the kid 'we're your parents, we love you no matter what your choices are even if we don't agree with them'. No mention that parents may want to spend more time together giving support to each other.

Oh, and expend more time in the organisation and don't question or criticise it if the 'loving discipline' has caused or added to your problems.

If I were in the situation of the parents, I would find this article completely useless and even insulting.

• ringo5
    ringo5

Interesting to note that they only allow 2 reasons why their kids would leave the truf... The kids themselves are disobedient, or the parents made mistakes and should pray to God for forgiveness...

More GUILT, GUILT, GUILT...

Do not give up hope. Love “hopes all things.” (1 Corinthians 13:7) Ken, mentioned above, says: “When our children left the way of the truth, I thought that it was like their death. But after my sister died, my view changed. I am grateful that my children are not literally dead and that Jehovah continues to leave the way open for them to return to him.” Indeed, experience has shown that many who have left the truth eventually do return

This may keep some parents with fader children from viewing them as "zombies" and keep the lines of communication open.

Other than that , I found this article repelling, for all it does is reinforce the idea that no could possibly leave the org in good conscience and/or be happy about it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

And the daughter cut "her" association off from her parents .............right...I'm sure that's how it always is those rotten D'fd kids not wanting to associate with their families anymore.

• sandy
    sandy

12/01/2001 pg. 30-31 <-------->

• Highlander
    Highlander

One Christian elder recalls the four years during which his wife's daughter cut off association with them. He says: "Often, even the 'good times' were difficult. If I gave my wife

a gift or took her somewhere nice for a weekend, she would break down crying, remembering that her daughter did not share our happiness."

wife's daughter? So this elder's wife had a child out of wedlock or came from a previous failed marriage?

cut off association with them. What a f'ing lie, we all know it's the parents that cut off association with the daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit