WT desparate: Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by truthseeker 110 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I'd like to see more material before and after the "12 prophets" comment. I'm thinking the WTS was referring to 12 literal Jewish prophets. Historically the WTS GB has had a few as 10 and as many as 18 members. The LDS have 12 apostles.

The messages Jehovah sent through the 12 prophets show that he was willing to extend mercy to those who were once among his people but who did not persist in true worship

the 12 prophets (Hosea through Malachi) A division of the Bible used by Jews

The Twelve Prophets (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi)

• Jourles
    Jourles

For some odd reason, the signs are not all there if they plan on announcing an arrangement over inactives being considered da'd. I just don't see it. That much of a major shift in doctrine would have to be preceded with softening articles. You know the types - to help soften the blow. This article could simply be that. A softening article. It might give 'encouragement' to those who are still in and may give examples on how to deal with those in their family who may eventually leave. If it truly is a study article, then we can start speculating on when the annoucement will take place as far as inactives becoming da'd. If this is the plan they will implement within the next several months, I would keep an eye out for a BoE letter(s) as well to begin prepping the BoE for the change.

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry for the delay! Yes it is the 12 Jewish prophets. I will type or scan the whole chapter later. I think it may be mainly referring to being nice to those who have 'come back' rather than being nice to those who have not bothered to come back. Just quickly reading through it, it is not talking about actively being nice to those who choose NOT to return, just not remaining COOL towards them when they have returned.

Will type it all out later.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The same is true today, whether such ones have drifted away, have been drawn away, or have fallen away into wrong doing and need to repent.

That just sounds like they are willing to forgive those who REPENT and want to come back. In my case being out over 25 years if I was offered the chance to repent and come back I would burst into laughter. The way it seems to go these days that might be good enough for a good DA'ing........Sniff...Snifff......and then he laughed....Lets teach him a lesson....

• TheListener
    TheListener

Is the flock being softened up for new light?:

I believe the softening has been going on for at least the last year and a half.

March 2005 - Remember, this is when the new OM book was released. The text in the new OM book changed the announcement for DF/DA. It didn't change the status of the individual who receives the judgment, but how the congregation heard the announcement. No more do the friends officially know who da'd and who was df'd. A letter was read at the announcement of the release. Here is what I posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 "The short letter basically said that dubs recognize that there are thousands of organizations in the world but that only one has Jahs spirit and is following the bible accurately. The letter mentioned the simplification for announcements regarding df'd and da's but didn't get into any specifics at all about what that meant. The letter didn't address any detailed policy changes. "

Summer 2005 (to my best recollection) - We had a written review (once I get to my KMs I'll check on the date) and it had a question regarding the difference between "drifting away", "falling away" and "drawing away". Remember? I cannot remember the source material for the question but it is of note that they make a definite distinction about how someone leaves the truth.

2006 - various WT articles discussing following the F&DS without question. Mentioning those that doubt should have more faith. Article even mentioned that at times the F&DS decisions may not make sense to us - do what they say anyway.

2006 - The WTS is reviewing the new OM book during the School and Service meetings a few pages at a time. Thus pushing the obedience factor higher.

Between the theological groundwork laid in 2005 articles and OM book and the obedience groundwork laid and being laid currently in the OM review, District Convention, WT articles and CO talks I'd say the softening up of the flock has been underway for awhile and something new is coming.

What is it? Who knows. But, I venture a guess that it has to do with inactive ones who refuse to become reactivated. At what point when someone refuses to be reactivated into the congregation will the WTS consider that person as having "drawn away" - only the WTS knows. Others have said this already and I think they're right.

imho.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Aug 15 WT- In Our Next Issue: When A Loved One Leaves Jehovah our fucked up cult

I don't think there will be anything new here. Just the usual crap telling people to be loyal to the cult and shun those dirty apostateā„¢ bastards, even if they are family.

W

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Who cares really. I got my A tag back in the late 80's, when it was really something. Once I stopped giving any importance to their stupidity in "shunning" me, they pretty much left me alone.

I think that the answer to that forthcoming article should be...Who Gives a Ratts Bullet Sack.

Hooz da man! Stealth453 is DA MAN! the A tag in the 80's, when it was REALLY SOMETHING. Isn't that special. Hee. How cute.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ohhhh nooo, another loved one has left Jehovah. He just couldn't live up to the standards of Jehovah's righteous people. He has gone out into Satan's world. He will not be in paradise with us because he has rejected Jehovah. Ohhhhhh noooo.

Ohhh well, you know he was never strong in the truth. He missed meetings when he had the flu. He worked on Saturday and never went out in Service with his wife and 6 kids.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Ohhh well, you know he was never strong in the truth. He missed meetings when he had the flu. He worked on Saturday and never went out in Service with his wife and 6 kids.

Yeah, and the cheap bastard never donated any of his minimum wage earnings to the kingdom hall either! They're better off without him!

W

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Believe me, if inactive JWs will officially be considered having DA'd, the elders would be told first in a letter from the WTS; the first notice will not be in an article in a WT

Yup and so far there has been to communique from HQ alluding to such a thing, just some recent thing that I glossed over about a special campaign (I think this has been mentioned here already). One of the elders in my hall is convinced that the big A is coming soon here are his lines of reasoning: 1) Dlieverance at Hand DC 2) We will study "Revelation its Grand Climax at Hand" in January 3) The campaign's straightforward theme I think it was something about False Religions end 4) the times are so bad. I just stared at him, nodded, and brought something else up. So deluded these people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit