OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted for the US. They played poorly today and Ghana deserved the win, even if the PK was crap. I'm looking forward to Ghana v. Brazil. If both teams show up, it should be an amazing game.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

in the long run what matters is this... The american coach wanted us in his group because he claimed defeating Australia would be a walk in the park.... Who is through to the second round?? Australia. Who didn't score a single goal in the first round??? America... HAHAHAHAHAHA

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    also it took 3 yellow cards to send some croatian guy of the field.

How bizarre was that? He just wouldn't go and kept on playing and the patsy (English) ref let him - was he feeling intimidated by that stage? The sure acted as bully boys.

Anyhow, justice was done in the end - Oz through to the last 16.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Feel good story

Mrs Ozzie just arrived home from meeting up with leaders of the Croatian community in our fair city. They were overjoyed that Oz went through even though Croatia didn't.

Same when she met the Italiabn community, they're so happy that they'll be seeing Aust v Italy and they're barracking for Australia!!!!

Now that makes me feel good about our multicultural society downunder.

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

I think that was a world first in the oz vs croatia game: A player getting 3 yellow cards! Seriously, Australia should've won that game 4-1. WATCH OUT ITALY, YOU'RE NEXT!!

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Who didn't score a single goal in the first round??? America... HAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, I don't want to turn into some US apologist, misspeaches, but this simply isn't true.

At any rate, we didn't play well and deserved to go home. Australia deserves all credit for moving on.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Can you believe the Socceroos. A country of only 20 million, Soccer isnt even the national sport, and yet they are still serving it up to the best teams in the world. They even looked good in their loss against Brazil.

The coach is a genius, shame he won't be staying around.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    OK, I don't want to turn into some US apologist, misspeaches, but this simply isn't true.

Dammit. Kochy on sunrise lied to me!!! Sorry, I was just believing what I saw on the tele. :o)

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The Aussies did well...my god how they like to crow though!

I imagine Italy will beat them comfortably..mind you,Hiddink was in charge of Korea against Italy at the same stage last WC..look what happened there!

I would love to see France go home today too......

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is nothing worse than sitting down for 90 minutes to watch a match that doesn't produce a single goal as was the case with Argentina versus Netherlands.

I will show full interest in the world cup from june 24th when the final 16 teams will start playing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit