OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

greendawn

Your missing the point!The game between Holland and Argentina was like a tactical game of chess..but fascinating!

2 teams at the height of theyre powers...albeit sprinkled with some reserve players...testing each other for weaknesses and trying to stamp their authority on the Tournament.

I think the reason there were no goals was because of the excellence of Van der sar the Dutch keeper.

Mind you,the knockout stage is darn exciting....

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Rooney: typical engishman

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Rooney: typical engishman

no, now if he was scratching his arse at the same time whilst pissed out of his face then...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Danny!

I see a caption competition starting soon!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

so the knockout stage begins..these are the last 16 who will play over the next 4 days

Germany vs. Sweden, Argentina vs. Mexico, Ecuador vs. England, Portugal vs. Netherlands, Italy vs. Australia, Brazil vs. Ghana, France vs. Spain, Switzerland vs. Ukraine

my hopes are that sweden, mexico, england, portugal, australia, ghana, spain and switzerland win

my predictions are that germany,argentina, england, portugal, australia, brazil, spain and switzerland will be the quarter-finalists

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well 4 out of 4 so far...

germany are improving but swedes didnt really put up much of a struggle

argentina were lucky..should have had player sent off (and are beginning to dive again )

england are still not gelling..

portugal and holland finished with 9 men each...but figo should have walked too (and may not play v england if video ref does his job)

good luck to aussies tomorrow

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It is just before England v Brazil at the next World Cup Group game.

Ronaldino goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only England. They're rubbish and we can't be bothered".

Ronaldino looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldino goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldino 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium "Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 10 minutes) - England 1 (Crouch 89 minutes)".

They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldino. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down." "Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

DB

tijkmo - I'd agree with 7 of your 8 but I think you might slip up this afternoon with Australia v Italy. I'd love the socceroos to do it, I really would but . . . . .

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well nicalau..i really did think they would do it..and in the end they were robbed.

italy have not looked good in any games ive seen them but i have to say they would have beaten either swiss or ukraine today..woeful does not begin to describe this game

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

....... the sound of inevitability - now the nation gets to sleep for a week. Ah well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit