OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Final:

2-1 Potugal

Yee, Freekin' Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

Well, here we go! Being an American, I may be a bit biased, but I think our group has been OUTSTANDING. With the last two matches to go, no team is in, no team is out. Awesome! I'm going to be flipping channels like crazy. If Ghana plays like they did against the Czechs, it's over for the US. 'course, that's what I said about the Czechs after they demolished us, so you never know. That's why they play 'em.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just watched the highlights of the USA - Ghana game on bbc's website.

The officials are not having a good game - I could see some controversy arising about it after, whoever wins!

Ghana's first - I can't tell who fouled who, my pictures too small!

USA - sorry guys, it was offside.

Ghana's penalty - no way!!!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I only saw the first 25 minutes of the match. I was not impressed by the Americans effort.

Hopefully, Galavision or Telemundo will rebroadcast it tonight, doubtful though, considering Brazil is playing, and that game will be rebroadcast.

I guess I'll be sporting Argentina's colors for the rest of the tournament.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Unbelievable! Japan were beating Brazil until the final moment of the first half when Ronaldo thumps in a header off a Ronaldinho cross. This is a magic game, if you're not watching tune in for the second half - NOW!

alt

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Tonight I wish I had a tv - Oz v Croatia sounds like a cracking game!

Hang in there Socceroos!!!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Phew!!!

Graham Poll is going to have a lot of explaining to do methinks

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well done the ozzies for making the next stage...poor refereeing again...didnt think ozzy player deserved to go for the handball...2 blatent penalties turned down...and one player sent off twice...

now go and beat italy

cos then we could be close to having another england - australia major sporting contest like the rugby and cricket...with england winning them all

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    TIJKMO says

actually i was being ironic...tis what my name means

but since you mention it...

england didnt bribe the linesman to make that decision in ' 66....so thats hardly cheating

maradonas goal was voted the best in a world cup...true...and by an english poll...(and ricky villas goal for tottenham was voted best f.a cup goal)...so looks like english supporters are prepared to give credit where credit is due even to argentinians.

but they still know when they have been cheated.

interestingly when asked about the hand ball maradona said that it was like when you are playing with your pals and you know you are not going to reach the ball so you deliberately use your hand for a laugh...he even did not expect the ref to award the goal..so i happen to think thats funny...except he should have owned up...thats where the cheating part comes in.

and..since you have watched the game so many times have you noticed what happens just prior to him getting the ball for the 2nd goal. an england player..hoddle i think is fouled in the middle of the pitch...so that goal shouldnt have stood either.

you are right about the state of the pitches in this world cup too...players slipping over all the time..dont understand that

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

watched oz vs croatia.

Was on the hand of the australians (because of our coach and I like the sympatic australians)

what an exiting match:

oz should have had 3 penalties instead of just one. But then the 2nd goal was offside.
    also it took 3 yellow cards to send some croatian guy of the field.

was a silly referee, should go back and lead schoolteam games, what is he doing here on the WC (worldcup)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit