OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Who would've though Ukraine would win!

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Italian born but have lived in Oz since I was 2.

I have to say, I was going for the Socceroos all the way in this morning's game, and was very disappointed when the ref gave Italy a free kick for one of the best academy award performances I've ever seen.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200606/s1672416.htm

Aussies are very proud of our boys' performance and they had Italy very nervous..........a game worth watching until the last few minutes.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I wouldn't say the Ozzies were robbed because I think the referee's call was legit. But Italy totally lucked out by getting that chance at a penalty kick. If the teams had went into overtime, I'd dare say Italy would have lost. Like you said all of their playing so far has been unimpressive. I think Australia was much better at passing and anticipating their own players movements.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The French team was impressive! I hope they really give Brazil a match that'll make them sweat.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I can tell you that before the WorldCup in Germany nobody would give a damn about the German team. Now we beat Argentina and play Italy the next week.

It's incredible what Jürgen Klinsmann has achieved.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yes germany are surprising everyone....but england will beat them in the final

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Hmm, due to Englishman's BBQ I will be in England at the time of the final.....

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Germany is a superb team and I think they'll knock out my Azzuri. Italy got as far as it did because of Buffon.

• mavie
    mavie

Italy knock out Gemany? I don't think so. Germany has the entire nation behind them and they are playing attractive soccer. I'm all for Italy, with my ancestry there, but I just don't see them advancing past Germany. Especially with all the scandals going on back home with Juventus.

• bubble
    bubble

Oh my god it's England vs Portugal today at 4pm, I'm so excited. I hope England win.

Do you think praying will help???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit