OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

At least Sven has gone for good.....£5million a year??For a perenial quarter final team??

I thought Hargreaves was fantastic..where did that come from!!

I hope Germany win it...them v France in the final.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Once again England's failings were there for all to see! We definitely have the players to win the world cup, but we never seem to get the right manager. What's the point of putting Rooney up front on his own? Crouch should have been alongside him straight from the kick-off, he was a revelation when he came on.

Actually, I'm glad it's over for us now! All that nonesensical hype prior to and during the games - and England never once put on a performance to set the tournament on fire.

That's it for another four years, save for the European championships in between, but I can't see things getting any better for us. 40 years is a long time to wait for a trophy - and yet in all that time the F.A. has learnt nothing. It keeps appointing men who won't rock the boat rather than those who know what they are doing. Brian Clough must be turning in his grave!

Germany look powerful, but France have the flair. I'm going for France - but never underestimate the Italians. An Italy v France final or even a Germany v France final is an attractive proposition. Notice I didn't mention Portugal. I think the semi is the best they can achieve. Stuffy beggars!

Ian

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

After France's performance yesterday, I really do fancy them.

They already have the best striker in the world (Henry) and if Zidane can perform like that again, they are untouchable!

(And why on eath is Zidane retiring? On form like he displayed yesterday he has still much to teach the over-rated youngsters who get the headlines.)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

And Beckham has resigned the captaincy. I saw the press conference and you really had to feel for the guy. Don't get me wrong, I felt that he was past his best two years ago and that, aside from set pieces, he had little to ensure his first team position, but still . . . .

To see him give his statement (less than 2 minutes) click here and then select News conference: David Beckham

• chasson
    chasson

Come On France, let us dream another time !!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    figo v zidane in the semis....should be good

well it wasnt so much

still zidane shaved it

italy v france eh..whoda thought

(i predicted when the draw was first made that italy woulfd not make it out of the group....now they are in the final....i was so far wrong i should claim to be inspired)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what on earth was he thinking

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

zidane was crazy..what on earth could someone have said to get him riled up like that??

Congrats you spaghetti eaters..best team won imo

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    zidane was crazy..what on earth could someone have said to get him riled up like that??

surely we will find out.

if it was something like ......your momma wears combat boots!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

purps

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah that was what i was thinking fleaman...

'sledging' goes on all the time in sport....i remember a cricket incident when the batsmen was asked by one of the slip fielders why he was so fat...the batsmen told him cos everytime i shag ya ma she gives me a biscuit...

i can only presume that the italian must have said something really offensive for zidane to react like that...just before the incident they had been jostling but left laughing..

zidane should have known better but as usual in these circumstances he is probably as guilty as the italian who went unpunished

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit