OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• ballistic
    ballistic

Looks like 2-0 to CZE at half time.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

oh well...at least the Aussie football fans dont seem as annoying as their rugby fans

Czech rep look good...looking forward to Italy later!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Looks like the USA overhyped the team as usual. Oh, well!

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

The US of A are 5th in the World can you beleive that?? Mental

And we can still rise now and be a nation again, la la la

BM of the deluded scotsman clan

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys
    The US of A are 5th in the World can you beleive that?? Mental

You can blame FIFA for that. Methinks someone sees a huge market to tap and it getting a bit optimistic. ;-) Too bad the Americans aren't up to it. Although to be fair, the Czechs would've knocked off a lot of teams with their play today. They are looking scary.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Seems like the FIFA rankings are similar to the rankings for college football (American). Not worth the paper they printed out on, lol.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I had a rare opportunity to watch a match tonight so I saw the USA - Czech Republic game.

I think Johnson looked pretty useful - very nippy and had a couple of good shots. It would be interesting to see how he does over the full 90 minutes.

Czech Republic have always been one of those teams who are hard to quantify. They have the strength and skill to get to the final but something always seems to go wrong. It would be great to see them win one day - they deserve it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Man, I'm so disappointed. TUSA got a good old-fashioned a$$-whoopin' today. I think the no. 5 ranking may have hurt them even if they knew themselves that the ranking system is suspect. Nothing takes the edge off of your practice and preparation like overconfidence.

Dan, Yank-who-loves-the-beautiful-game class

P.S. in fairness to Team USA, Czech Republic looks like they're on a mission - those guys are f'n good

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The Ozzies sure had a nail baiter against the wily Japanese!!!

They were trailing 0-1 till the 83rd minute then the Aussies got 3 goals! BANG BANG BANG!!

Exciting stuff! With 3 points in the bag the Socceroos could proceed to the next round with only 1 draw from the next 2 games! Great!

Let's hope we get a chance to thrash the Poms before it's all over!

Pope

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!!

Seriously how good was that game. With a dodgy goal from the Japanese team to start off with it was edge of your seat action then my personal fav Timmy Cahill bangs in 2 goals closely followed by that other fella with the surname I can't spell. LOL

I am certain we can make it to round two!

Also I have never seen Guus Hiddinck (Aussie coach) so animated before!

What a game I tell ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit