OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I am sooooooo glad my sweep stake team are Argentina, they look well good. And to think Serbia only lost one goal during all of qualifying

England need to shape up or they will ship out sadly

BM

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

yay!!!!

Trinidad & Tobago!

Even though it was 2 / Nil

Great job!!!

blessedstar

• daystar
    daystar

I've nothing to add except... God bless these Sweden cup fans!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yeah, Soccer is such a great sport. Sure it is. This USA-Italy game is a joke. I guess the world has to stick it to the USA whenever they feel threatened. Some game. What a disgusting pile of steaming manure!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

“Yeah, Soccer is such a great sport. Sure it is. This USA-Italy game is a joke. I guess the world has to stick it to the USA whenever they feel threatened. Some game. What a disgusting pile of steaming manure!”
    To be honest I thought the USA came out of this quite well and would have most neutrals on their side.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

usa-italy was the best game so far

well done the us for holding on with 9 men

i predicted that italy wouldnt make it thru when i first saw the draw...and i think the czechs will beat them...and ghana will beat the us

tommorow is the brazil-australia game..i went to an ozzy pub in glasgow to watch them v japan and it was packed and great fun watching on huge tv..tommorow will be a riot whatever the score..

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

MY issue with the game was the refereeing. I don't understand the "make-up" red card on Mastroeni. He had just made a beautiful attempt on goal from about 40 feet away, and was almost immediately red carded on an Italian dive. Speaking of dives I have not seen as many dives since watching Greg Louganis in the Olympics, but I digress. I felt that the referee was deliberately trying to remove a player that had just made an attempt that would open up the goal for the US with that long shot. I also felt that the yellow cards on Pope were equally egregious.

I honestly believe that FIFA did not want the darling Italians to be upset by the USA, and did everything in their power to prevent a USA. I fully expect to see the same shenanigans on Thursday against Ghana

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

EXJW4EVR,

I think you're exagerating a bit the cospiracy theory....

I am Italian but I can honestly tell you that team that every single year does stupid things like spitting and elboing people like DeRossi (last night) and Totti (last year) did, deserve to be out of the game.

But if you watch closely you'll see that the tackle was hard (maybe yellow was enough) and Italy was stopped at list 5 times for off-sides that did not exist.

The referee was shit all right... but I believe It was incopetent both ways.

As for Italy I don't know if you are aware of the scandal of corruption that has recently come out, and is so bad that for that alone they don't deserve to get thorough the fist round.....

My second home is England so I support them too!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

i didnt see any conspiracy in last nights game?All 3 sending offs were correct imho...though the Italian should be banned for the rest of the tournament!

Must admit i was really rooting for the States in the Game..they were very very unlucky.

I was shocked the Czechs lost too...its a very wide open group!

• chasson
    chasson

please, France, it's time to be not as stupid as 2002 ...

Bye

Charles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit