OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just heard that Wayne Rooney has been independantly passed by professor Wallace and professor Chris Moran from the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham as fit to play!

Come on England!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

My wife asked me why I was watching the Tunisia v Saudi Arabia game when I had no affiliation to either and didn't know any players on the field.

Now what sort of a question is that exactly

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

In an attempt to justify the whole thing as "educational", me and my six year old son have been finding all the countries on his globe. The missus isn't buying it tho!

We had trouble finding Togo. Sad Emo told me it was part of Malta but I think she means Gozo (Pubsinger ducks flying KFC!)

Where is Togo? I thought it was a Polynesian island but we couldn't find it on Will's 7" world globe!

Any help in our "educational" research would be appreciated!

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

Ask and ye shall receive:

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Thanks.

I think I may have been thinking of Tonga (Which is still better than Gozo!)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Half time and it's England 0 Trinidad & Tobago 0

On current form we don't have a prayer of lifting that trophy. Sometimes it's hard to keep the faith.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

They left it a bit late to win but they did it!

Things seemed to pick up pace when Roooooney and Lennon came on.

The Sweden game was fantastic too (I was babysitting last night so had the benefit of a tv!). The final group positions are going to depend entirely on the last 2 games.

Maybe England could see where Germany finish in their group and 'arrange' not to meet them in the next round...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Frankly mate I think I'd prefer it if we did meet Germany in the 2nd round. At least we know how they play and how to beat them. It's the 'slippery' teams like Ecuador that could undo us at the moment. I'd rather have those trickier ties later in the tournament when - hopefully - the form of the team has improved.

So who do you think Sven will start with against the Swedes? Crouch, Rooney or Owen?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hmm you have a good point on the Germany thing, better to get them out of the way asap?!

My theory on last nights game is that Sven let them play a long-ball game to save their energy and then changed to a closer passing game when he brought on Rooney and Lennon.

I'd like to see Rooney start in the next game, maybe stay on to the middle of the second half so he's building up gradually to a full game. I'm not sure about Crouch, in spite of him scoring, I don't think he had a very good game yesterday - some diabolical misses!

Good grief, the Argentinians have hammered Serbia & Montenegro! Just been watching it on the internet.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Question re. this morning's (Los Angeles time) Argentina-Serbia & Montenegro match.

Just prior to the Crespo goal, an Argentine player stripped the ball from a Serb player, and shoved him to the ground. Now perhaps it was my pre-coffee mind, but isn't shoving a player in the back considered poor sportsmanship, even in soccer (where dives are abundant)? I ask this question at the risk of embarrassment from the Euros on this board, but I want to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit