Best Committee Meeting Yet - They threatened to call the police on me!

by SickofLies 114 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quotes
    Quotes

Listening now....

Man, can you say "making it up as we go along" Brother Elders?

This reminds me of the time I recorded my own J.C.

It is always fascinating to "lift the veil".

BTW, according to my research, in Canada it is TOTALLY LEGAL to record any conversation you are party to. It is not necessary to notify the other person(s).

Holy moly, I just got to the part of where they say "We commend you for your insatiable thirst for knowledge, like the Bereans". Careful, they are softening you up, SoL.

Theoretical Thermodynamics, Computational Thermodynamics, Ferrous metals.... man, that seemed to leave them without response. You could almost hear them wondering 'what the heck is he talking about'??

Man, this is fun stuff!

"We get a lot of bad press... for example on the Dateline program... they thought they were exposing Jehovah's Witnesses with child abuse...."

"How about something to the effect of.... um.... uh.... um... uh.... innocent lambs"

"Do any of these things trouble you? Does it break your faith?"

"Have you ever been put in a situation that compromised your faith?" This is as good as Simpson't Chief Wiggum asking "DID YOU DO IT"????

"Do you have a CD-ROM? Do you have an Insight Book?" In other words, if you did, you have NO BUSINESS studying any outside sources.

Oh, cool, you got a print out from Talk.Origins in your JC???? COOL!!!! Win one for the good guys!

"Do you feel this organization is NOT being used by an almight god?... have you been talking to people that oppose our organization? Have they been making you feel this way?"

So far you are doing a good job of not letting them box you in!

~PM

• Woofer
    Woofer

Great pic . . .urrr umm if I had looked of course!

I enjoyed your other recordings as well . .good job!

• VM44
    VM44

"Theoretical Thermodynamics, Computational Thermodynamics, Ferrous metals"

What? Those topics are not usually mentioned during a JC meeting!

What was being discussed?

--VM44

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Gosh, this is just painful to listen to. I love how they spend like half an hour pursuing how you know someone from school. Seriously.

I can barely begin to imagine how embarassed these guys are going to be when they find out their inane kangaroo court proceedings have been posted all over the internet. They're going to be ashen. Do post the video when you get it!

SNG

• inquirer
    inquirer

DannyHaszard
    check out this idiot who gets in front of my camera

Real Video clip on the street with a JW 4 min clip

____

Hey Danny! LOL Love your accent! :D LOL YOu have that "self assurance" in your voice too. :D I hated that smurk on the guy's face when he left. He was very inaudible, but I could hear you loud and clear! :D LOL :) He didn't seem to care about what happened to you as a child. :( He should have tried to given comfort to you, even if it's through their organization.

• Severus
    Severus

Thanks for all the recordings, best entertainment I've had in a long time!

These guys know they are getting played, but they can't put their finger on it. Even so, you are getting a bit of a free pass based on your mother's plea for your mental health issues. Play that card all day long.

The elders of the appeal committee were ready to send you off vindicated until you showed up with a bearded advocate. That's sophisticated humour! Now they were put completely off the scent, obsessed with your connection to worldly law students and bearded JWs.

Your delivery and response to questions is always punctured with suspicious pauses. I wouldn't know if you were deeply seditious or just a damaged mental case. That doubt, coupled with your erratic behavior, will have them searching the margins of their Flock books in frustration.

It was difficult for me to understand your goal with this drama. Entertainment, revenge, or an elder circle jerk? Whatever your aim, the entire process has unveiled the practical reality of the JW mindset:

• Multiple explanations of the 607 date from the mouths of JWs
    • The overt paranoia of "apostate" sources (no elder could correctly remember "silent lambs", hmmm)
    • General condemnation of higher education as a source of your "doubts"
    • Hearing elder after elder crack their facade, revealing another personality indeed.

Favorite quote: "Feed your faith and starve your doubts." That's what we call cognitive dissonance.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    Entertainment, revenge, or an elder circle jerk?

Why not all three? lol, I just want to make sure I get DF'ed for asking to many questions, not some other issue.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Now it becomes painfully obvious why the WTS needs it's members to remain as under-educated as possible. They lose control of of anyone with the ability to think critically.

They are only prepared to spew forth platitudes and one-liners as a way to "help" you.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks for sharing this SoL...I was so blown away listening to it! It's great to be reminded exactly what kind of attitudes were dealing with when it comes to the bOrg.

At times my jaw dropped and my eyes widened, at other times I was holding my sides laughing. It just screamed CULT. And then I would remember that this is what my mother and extended family would like me to return to and would feel a bit sad and frustrated.

Well done

~Merry

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

When I heard the recording, It reminded me of my ex husband's attorney. In our deposition he would always ask the same question in a different way to see if i would trip up and change my mind. I got pissed at him told him that I taught first graders and they seem to understand the answers I gave then why couldn't he. It made him mad. Also asked me what would push me over the edge to have a nervous breakdown, knowing that the next day I was going to be served with injunction papers from ex's girlfriend at the time. (which was a ploy for ex to get custody of kid but did not work )

Wonder now if he is not a JW, the questioning tactic was the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit