Best Committee Meeting Yet - They threatened to call the police on me!

by SickofLies 114 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Sickoflies,

I just wanted to say that I totally understand why you recorded them. They do so much in secret that the natural instinct is to expose them. My husband and I were JWs for almost 50 years. We were disfellowshipped in 1983 for "asking questions". Seems they don't like questions asked that are hard to answser. We did not record our JC but we did the appeal. We do not have the recording because over the years it has degraded and it was not that great a recording in the first place, but I transcribed it almost as soon as I got it so we have a record of most of what was said. You can find the transcription at the end of our website at www.geocities.com/veliveleth. I don't post much, but I occasionally lurk here. We are so busy getting on with our lives because we are over the initial upset that we don't keep up too much. We know the need to vent. We did it for so many years and know that it is healing. God bless you.

Velta

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is hilarious. I love it. Sickoflies, you are a very effective antagonist, and I just want to let you know that at the very least you have provided a goldmine of entertainment!

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Eliveleth:

I've just read the transcript of your appeal meeting [ http://www.geocities.com/veliveleth/transcript.htm ], and the comment you made regarding the JC's disregard of your input

"If you have noticed during this whole meeting, I, Velta, am never addressed. I am always referred to as “she” or "your wife." In the WT organization, women are not considered as of any special importance. It is men who run the organization and make all the decisions."

is the same attitude that struck me [http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/111357/1944223/post.ashx#1944223] when listening to Rick and Laverne Townsend's JC-recording!

-V.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    HOw did you do the picture SOL? Open camera or hidden?

I pulled the camera outta my pocket and took their picture.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Hey Danny! LOL Love your accent! :D LOL YOu have that "self assurance" in your voice too. :D I hated that smurk on the guy's face when he left. He was very inaudible, but I could hear you loud and clear! :D LOL :) He didn't seem to care about what happened to you as a child. :( He should have tried to given comfort to you, even if it's through their organization.

This was the sign for thousands of rush hour passerby's to see,it was at the peak of Catholic pedophile priest scandal so i got a lot of support.Note:I have done a LOT of publicity & dub damage in my town Bangor Maine and the elders have never contacted me except to sleazy slash my truck tires!

THINK if this was any other institution they would negotiate,the Watchtower cult deserves NO consideration.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Does any one realize here that this is wrong. Yes no doubt Jw elders make human errors and did the apostles but jee whiz God forgave them and made stuff right! Why are ya'll not doing that?

I'm still waiting for elders™ to set the example™ by taking the lead™ in this regard. W

• Smiles
    Smiles

The elder sounds like he is trying to be a lawyer himself.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    The elder sounds like he is trying to be a lawyer himself.

Yes, the elders are more than willing to threaten you with the law if you annoy them or don't follow their silly procedures, but they totally refuse to repect the law when sited against their procedures.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

BTT for those that haven't heard this yet.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hi Danny,

hope you are doing well.

In listening to the proceedings it was a mixture of familiarity, sadness and at times hilarity. Also, I am just sorry but it is almost impossible for me not to picture the room full of William Macy-type guys and that itself makes the sound files pretty funny. The whole thing would be quite funny if it weren't so sad and I know, personally traumatic.

One thing that I took away from hearing your meetings and hearing the others out there, and even in reflecting upon my own, is that no matter how smart or educated or prepared the person is, the situation is one which is intimidating and it seems that it is very easy to agree, to capitulate to some extent, even when what the Elders are saying is wrong or we don't agree with it.

If anything, the more that proceedings like these are made public, perhaps others may be better prepared to deal with the situation.

In my opinion, I would not advise anyone to meet with the Elders in a JC at the KH at all, but I would tell them that they should only meet at their legal counsel's office or some other neutral meeting room and that their legal counsel will be both audio recording and taping the meeting. Of course, they will go ahead and hold their secret, unscriptural JC anyway and do what they are going to do, but with perhaps the exception in some very limited circumstances, I would not advise anyone to cooperate with the proceedings as they want to conduct them.

In listening to the tapes, it was quite clear that they intended to disfellowship you by the second meeting so there really didn't seem to be much of an issue. It would not have helped you really, since it does seem clear that they intended to disfellowship you, but it seems that in the early meetings, a useful tactic would and is to get the Elders to admit that the Society both has been wrong in the past and could be wrong now.

Doing that is pretty easy to do in discussing any big recent change like the Generation Doctrine, or if one needs to, one can go back to things like Organ transplants are cannabalism or even the Oral Sex stuff of the 70s, or even 1975, if the Elders are really honest.

If one needs to push the point further you can go to further things like Vaccinations don't work, etc. but then you are dealing with the truth outside of their experience and they would be more reluctant to acknowledge the possibility that the Society can be wrong.

The point is once you get them to accept and openly admit the premise that the Society can be wrong and actually HAS published things which have been wrong in the past (even recently), then you can always keep coming back to that when they question you about your "doubting" or when they keep urging you only to rely upon the FDS and the publications.

It isn't a totally winnable position but it is the best one in this situation.

anyway...

I was wondering who the woman is in the appeal meetings? I was surprised that they tolerated her presence. Also I was wondering about the issues pertaining to your mental state, there was a mention of potential suicide, and so forth. I hope that you are fine. I hope that some of this was just positioning on your part.

looking forward to hearing more of your experience and seeing what your family will do. What happened to the JW roommate?

take care,

Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit