Wife has vowed to remain JW

by kairos 118 Replies latest members private

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Won't work by attacking her core beliefs, tell you why.  There's was a Super Star JW Female kidnapped by her husband taken out near Death Valley, California.  Her husband was desperate to get her brain out of the Cult and paid lots of money and broke the law trying to free her mind!   He had paid two professional Cult Deprogramming gurus, a few professional Ex JWs with Watchtower history and doctrinal flops and she refused to think, her mind shut down quickly!  After six weeks her husband gave up and she escaped this house without calling the police on him because she enjoyed his rich lifestyle (driving a new Mercedes Benz) with fur coats helped forgive his sins.

For Six or Seven years it seemed like she was constantly interviewed for her "great tribulation" and "faithful stand against Satan" Taking these people on directly unless they have been hurt by the Group never works, they cling to the Watchtower stronger than any of their leaders could!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Kairos:

Embrace and enjoy what you have, which (evidently) is a great marriage.  There could be worse things than being married to a JW.  It appears she loves you and is loyal to you in your marriage, so, go with it.  She's not out boinking some guy from work.  She's not passed out every night reeking of gin. 

Win her over "without a word".

Good luck,

Doc

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

I know people whose wife turned on them once they showed a hint of doubt and soon their divorce proceedings started rather quickly! If you don't want a ugly divorce, do as D.O.C. said!

.  D.O.C. is sooooo right as usual, enjoy what you have and avoid this subject!  I fear your endeavoring on the biggest waste of time and exercise in futility, much better ways to spend your time.  Think how your wife must feel that you are no longer in the Truth, prove by your conduct and Bible Study (If your still a believer) and talking to others about God your methods are better and don't waste 12,000 hours to make one disciple. Working at charity offices, helping the poor and widows and orphans really piss JWs off because deep down they all say "We know we should help the World but were told not to!" This causes deep conflict and emotional turmoil as Ex JWs are better Christians than JWs could be!

"The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome".  

• kairos
    kairos

Things are going really great.

We have found a way to respectfully interact with mutual love shown continually.

I went nuts and bought her an older fantastic sports car as a gift. It took some convincing, but she is really excited about driving it daily, including to the meetings.

It's an '01 Porsche Boxster.

Tonight, I told her that I wanted to video her coming home into the driveway from the country road that leads in to our place. She played along and had a wonderful surprise for me.

PM me if you want to see the 24 second video.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Kairos that's great news! Glad it's all going well for you. See you are concentrating on having fun with the people you love and life's all about that.
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

Kairos my wife must be a clone of yours. She is truly a devout JW with no sign of ever changing. She’s gone to all her meetings, assemblies, field service, all of it on her own for five years. She sees the crazy changes and adjustments that have taken place. I have faded for five years and we have had far too many heated arguments over this religion. I’m the one guilty of going overboard in our debates.

I just feel ticked off at being deceived & that she can’t even acknowledge one bit of it. She feels that nothing will come between her and her relationship with Jehovah and our marriage. The many suggestions and comments made by fellow members here on this subject is something that I myself will apply in my marriage in order to keep the peace. Thanks to everyone.

I’ve lightened up somewhat recently. This is because of all the craziness on JW Broadcasting, the plan for 1000’s of KH’s yet to be built, the new donation arrangement, the singing Lit. Cart, the relentless demonizing of higher education, etc. I figured if I could keep my yap shut these crazy delusional leaders could do some convincing of their own with their constant in your face exposure.

My wife sincerely feels that this is still all part of God’s Master Plan & Purpose. In her opinion you may not understand it, or even make sense at times, but who are we to question God’s methods? Hang in there kairos I can empathize with you.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    To Blondie2 "

A person who I studied with asked me to prove Jesus was Michael the archangel....I was so sure that the WTS was definite on this. After stringing through the linked scriptures and assumptions I realized all the weasel words the WTS used."

Your problem with that is you stated you were sure that the WTS was definite on that. I believe Jesus is Michael not because the WTS said so but because the Bible said so for the reasons listed. And I don't find any problem with Jesus being Michael or an angel, which is a spirit messenger because he is. I realized that churches find a problem with that because they believe that Jesus is God so he can't be an angel. They start with that wrong premise.

Remember, the problems with JWs, like all other groups, are not doctrines, but control.

• Scully
    Scully

I agree with several here who recommend that you stop trying to convince her that you're right and she's wrong.

You need to take a different approach that doesn't involve "attacking" her beliefs and appearing to her to be a raving lunatic Apostate™. She sees a 5-hour "rant" from you while she is a captive audience in the car as a direct assault from The Devil™. She's terrified of what this means to your marriage. She thinks she's living in the face of severe Spiritual Endangerment™. She's wondering how she could have missed the signs that you were an Apostate™ before she married you, and how is she going to deal with this mess?

You need to sincerely apologize to her for scaring the crap out of her, and then you need to STOP doing it. Then you need to prove to her that you are the best husband she could ever ask for, that she didn't make a mistake in marrying you.

Does she like movies or concerts? Take her on dates again. Buy flowers. Appreciate her. Go on walks together.

I realize that it's a horrible situation to be in, thinking that your marriage is going to fall apart. I was in a similar position over 20 years ago when I realized TTATT and my husband didn't want to hear about it. I knew that cramming it down his throat was only going to make matters worse; the indoctrination process conditions JWs to go on Red Alert whenever even a hint of contradiction lands on their radar screen. The situation called for stealth and subterfuge. My husband was emotionally invested in the JWs. Like many JWs his understanding of doctrine was rote - he was merely parroting what he heard, but he couldn't explain how the WTS arrived at the teachings step-by-step. His heart was set on Reaching Out™ and earning Privileges™. He had been convinced that JWs had The Truth™ by means of love bombing and some family ties - and that was the tactic that I employed to convince him that they didn't have The Truth™.

I'd been struggling with postpartum depression for over a year, and frankly, the JWs in our Congregation™ couldn't have been more misinformed and hateful regarding mental illness if they tried. I asked for help to maintain my Hours™, only to have a Pioneer™ Sister™ tell me to "Get your own damn Bible Studies". Rumours circulated that "Sister™ Scully doesn't want to go in Service™ anymore". I was treated like a leper at Meetings™. My husband observed all of the meanness, and I cried all the way home from Meetings™ more often than not. The conflict for him had nothing to do with the teachings, but how could The Happiest People On Earth™ and the Only Loving Brotherhood™ treat his dear sick wife so badly? It was in direct conflict with Jesus' words: All will know that you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves. He saw that their bullying did nothing to improve my mental health, and that I needed to distance myself from them to protect myself. Eventually, his disappointment in how our family was being treated during my illness made him ready to explore TTATT. It was a long difficult process, and I honestly felt at times that it might take years (in reality it was about 6 months), but it was worth the wait.

Keep in mind that Armageddon™ is NOT Around The Corner™, and that you do have time. There needn't be a sense of dire urgency about extricating your wife from this belief system. You need to know what it is that keeps her attached to the JWs, and from there you can identify how to break down those attachments.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Your situation echos familiar, my pioneer wife would get to the "I'm done" part, to the point now where if I start to bring up the bible in some kind of debate, she will just flat out say "no talking about the bible", I guess she knows how the rest of the world feel now lol!

Anyway, she has accepted so much, and she says I have taught her much about tolerance and kindness, she's not going anywhere, she believes the JW fantasy all the way, but we are getting along better than our whole 16 year marriage with both of us being strong witnesses.

My family just found out that I am basically and atheist, and they are blasting me and shunning me now, she (and I can't believe this) is totally accepting. She knows how I feel. My uncle wrote to me "Your pour wife I feel so bad for her" really? f%$k you too. She is happier than ever too.

• kairos
    kairos

Let's focus on what we have.

If our spouses feel the need to spend time doing JW stuff, who are we to stop them?

I would have freaked out if my wife pulled half the stunts I have. She is WAY more patient than I am. I firmly believe that she knows TTATT is real. She has not openly admitted this to me, but I think it is an easier route for her with so many family and friends in the cult. She'll look when she is ready. I may mean waiting until some of her family dies, unfortunately.

Today she is at her assembly. Tomorrow we are taking a day trip up the California coast north of Bodega Bay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit