Wife has vowed to remain JW

by kairos 118 Replies latest members private

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

@kairos...your biggest fear is right, that is a huge concern for sisters...my wife's entire support structure is her JW friends and her still-in family...we have 3 kids and my wife suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome thus without the JW's she would struggle immenesly...

So whilst my wife too has taken on some of my points in my research she has quickly shut the door on "doubts" because very quickly she realised the impact on her life...

It's tricky...

• KillerJones
    KillerJones

Start showing her some of Cedar's Videos from his blog. He uses their publication and videos...good starting points can be found there.

http://jwsurvey.org/category/cedars-blog

Sorry for what you are going through. 😔

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I just want to commend you for being so open with your wife about what's going on in your mind. YOU are definitely not a coward, and I love that you want to involve your wife in everything. You sound very close.
  • kairos
    kairos

Thanks for the replies. These are well composed and believe me, the support received here is VERY welcome!

I wanted to share a poem my wife wrote for me before we were married in 1996:

This little brown wren
    Sits on the sill
    Of your morning sun window
    Longing for seeds of faith
    Wary
    Of your softly cupped hand

The tips of your fingers
    Explore in turn, now
    Each downy feather
    Soothing
    Smoothing tiny ruffles.
    And my heart
    Becomes restful in your palm

Your own pulse
    Surrounds me
    Like the untapped power
    Of melting ice caps
    Roaring
    Of white water

And I am safe
    So safe
    In the hollow of your soul

• Ding
    Ding

I know a JW whose wife resisted everything he tried to show her about the WT.

After he gave up trying to show her TTATT, she came to realize it herself.

I hope that happens with you.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Kairos what has been happening with your wife lately?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Kairos: Hope you're hanging in there, bud!
  • kairos
    kairos

Things are working out.
    We have our differences, yes, but we still prefer to spend our time together.

I've been very immersed in my music the past three weeks.

Orchestra performances of two very difficult pieces.
    Holst, the Planets and Leonard Bernstein's, Candide.

Rehearsals nearly every weeknight and two concerts. No problem.
    She came to two rehearsals and both shows!

We are madly in love and are dedicated to supporting and respecting each other.

So, that's good...

• flipper
    flipper
    KAIROS- What a beautiful poem your wife wrote for you, pretty cool ! And that's really a good thing to see her supporting your music and going to your rehearsals and shows . Very cool. It shows that her authentic non-cult personality is alive and well inside her and that she allows time for other pursuits outside the WT schedules. I'm encouraged by this. I think things are looking up for you and her. In time she may eventually make a permanent move to freedom of mind. Take care bud, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • QC
    QC

Kairos,

Hang in. Eventually, she will arrive where you are; she has a different learning curve.

In the meantime, make sure you don't lose your spirituality. Originally JWs (as Bible Students) had the correct Beroean spirit,

"Beroean...received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Ac 17:11

But unsavory Rutherford uses that Beroean spirit as window dressing so he could push a real-estate agenda.

Today we see Rutherford’s debacle crashing and burning into a spiritual ditch.

Beroean truths are:

-No hell fire

-No immortal soul

-No Trinity

-Restoring YHWH to the OT

Egregious errors are:

-Neglecting importance of the NT Jesus

-JW Organization is salvation (on par with Jesus)

-Co-opted signature Jehovah as a moniker of exclusivity

-Inserting Jehovah into the NT (without original language evidence)

-Forbidding Memorial participation for all Jesus’ disciples; ALL disciples have "born anew" (born from above) spirituality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit