Wife has vowed to remain JW

by kairos 118 Replies latest members private

• cappytan
    cappytan

Kairos: I wasn't aware of your music! Missed that somewhere.

I'm pianist myself. Classically trained since I was about 6.

I stopped playing for a while, but am in the market for a nice digital since I have no room for an upright, much less a Baby Grand.

The last piece I was working on was Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata. Got about 2 pages perfected of the first movement, and then I got married, no longer had a piano in the home and got distracted with my wife.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

kairos: she equates Watchtower doctrine and lifestyle as "her relationship with Jehovah"

That really is the problem: Most JWs have been confused to the point that they cannot separate a "relationship with God" with religious doctrine and a familiar lifestyle.

It's pretty hard, if not impossible, to reason with a person that does not want to think.

I feel for you.

• kairos
    kairos

Update.

I was DF'd for apostasy on Sept 10th of this year.
    My wife spent that evening with me at one of my rehearsals instead pf attending the meeting to hear the announcement.

We are still together and things are not always easy.

She still vows to remain a JW, no matter what the GB does.
    Sad. Her loyalty is to this Org over me, because she thinks they are the ones that provide her with her relationship with Jehovah.

Apparently I'm just a worldly obstacle. ( not her words, but it feels that way )

I hope all is well for those of you with "still in" spouses or family.

I personally feel that a real mass awakening is currently under way and we'll see a mass exodus as a result.

If so, we'll see if that does anything.
    The Aus RC, property sell offs, project cancellations, insane JW Broadcasting videos and bethelite "retirement plan" haven't raised an eyebrow.
    Maybe the lack of worldwide growth will get a wink. Who knows.

I haven't given up. I'm close, though.
    Comments like, "I wouldn't be offended if you found somebody else" really have way of damaging one's mood.

Reminds me of my first JW wife's comment to me before committing marriage ending divorce: "Why don't you commit adultery so we can get a divorce".

I didn't fall for that then and I don't intend to this time, either.
    --

Thanks for reading and I'll take any encouragement you can offer.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    One needs to realize that we are fighting against their idea of god. God is bigger better more powerful then we mates can ever be even if its only in their mind. We can't fight it or beat him. Billions of people still believe in a god even though there's no evidence of such a being. We have to except this and some how find a way around the big guy since we cant go through him. I think when we realizes this we can cope and even come up with better ways to deal with wives or husbands that are believers. Hang in there.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Kairos,

Kudos to you for sticking with your wife. I hope she will wake up some day. Until then, hang in there....

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Btw haven't read all the posts in this topic, but you have been DFed for apostacy 8 years after leaving? Or were you faking it all that time?
  • maksutov
    maksutov
    I'm in a very similar situation to you kairos. It has been this way for over 5 years now, and I don't think it will change any time soon. But we manage. It is possible. Merry Christmas!
  • DJS
    DJS

Kairos: "Comments like, "I wouldn't be offended if you found somebody else" really have way of damaging one's mood. Reminds me of my first JW wife's comment to me before committing marriage ending divorce: "Why don't you commit adultery so we can get a divorce".

Find somebody else. Don't make the same mistake thrice; make sure the next one isn't a Dub. Leave while you still have some of your dignity and self respect.

• kairos
    kairos

Most of the time we get along quite well and I have no complaints.

Yesterday was emotionally draining and a mini vent/rant was needed.
    I'm going to try once again to ignore all of her JW hoopla.

She has not made any contributions for about three years now, so it not costing me money or time.

She goes to the meeting on Thursday night while I go to my jazz band rehearsal. She goes to Sunday meeting, I sleep in like a fiend...

For whatever reason, that I cannot understand ( and believe me, I have tried ), she has no doubts. She's a 68 year old, born-in, stubborn, focused, uber-dub... but I love her!

I'm taking the good with the bad.
    Our 20 years together has been 99% good.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

My wife spent that evening with me at one of my rehearsals instead pf attending the meeting to hear the announcement.

That's interesting. Maybe your df announcement should be repeated at every meeting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit