Wife has vowed to remain JW

by kairos 118 Replies latest members private

• kairos
    kairos

She recommended that I post a topic here so you all can "tune me up" on how to accept the fact that she will not abandon the Watchtower.

We've had hours and weeks of "overlapping" conversation on nearly EVERY topic.

She disagrees with literally every subject and excuses all the mistakes, changes, UN association, etc.

I have decided at this point to stop talking about why the Watchtower is a cult.

She will not explain her position or defend her beliefs. When backed into a corner, she just says "I'm done" ( and she is )

We all know there is no defense for these bogus teachings.

She refuses to let her guard down as she equates Watchtower doctrine and lifestyle as "her relationship with Jehovah".

Super frustrating.

So, how do I cope?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm sorry this is happening.

Interesting, she wants us to give you a tune up. I've never been in your shoes so what do I know...but it strikes me that it would be hard enough to accept that someone believes such obvious lies after being shown the facts...but adding to that the culty behavior and lifestyle would be the straw that broke this camel's back.

Cope? I don't know, cope with what? Do you have kids that are being affected by the cult behaviors? Your marriage? Your personal life? I imagine so, and I can't imagine coping with that. Just can't imagine it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This religious faith was founded on false bible teachings by turn of the century charlatans who created many continuous false doctrines to attract people to their publications.

Given the long list of false doctrines and their own inherent corruption, how does she think she is gaining a spiritual connection to and with god via the realized and acknowledged corruption by these men  ???

She may be getting an avowed connection to those men and their indulgent sins but that is all.

Why would she support and be subservient to men who would knowingly out right lie to create power around themselves ?

Take into account that Christendom has created its own established corrupt doctrines.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Can you come to a detente?  Is this something that dominates your life together if you aren't "talking about it"?

I don't know your faith or practice, but could you both agree to not bring your religion into the home.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    To her it is emotional, to you logical.  I don't know what to say as far as encouragement because I'm at the same place with my wife and see no hope in our situation. If the religion supersedes your position, you are the enemy whether she wants to admit that or not.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

How do I cope?  I would suggest that you back away from the conversations. Give her time to process some of the information you're sharing with her.   She probably feels that you are attacking everything in her world and she is blocking you.  

I will guarantee you that she will think of what you are telling her.  This is what happened to me and eventually I truly understood .

• zebagain
    zebagain
    She obviously is getting her social 'intercourse'* among the fluttering class at the kh and not with you. Like so many bros/sisters sounds measurably shallow. I hope she is still being 'nice'* to you.
  • johnamos
    johnamos

IMO, Your biggest problem is that you try to bring up to her subject matter that those here on this website talk about. I would tell her that you would be willing to stop looking on any anti JW websites and never talk negative again about the WTS and you will go with her to the meeting, etc… basically be a JW husband 100%, but in order for that to happen she would just have to answer some questions…

If she is willing to do that, then I will give you the questions to ask her.    
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Sometimes the less said the better. You may have her feeling a bit "cornered". If you let her know you accept and respect her position she will be able let her guard down. Right now she is digging her heels in and is in defense mode. If you back off for a time and later, instead of telling her the things you've learned, ask her is she could help you understand certain teachings that you aren't sure about. When she explains them to you, show her that you understand what she's told you but you are conflicted because of ..... then show her something that she won't be able to explain away with the usual Watchtower reasonings .
  • johnamos
    johnamos
    Pete Zahut

ask her is she could help you understand certain teachings that you aren't sure about. When she explains them to you, show her that you understand what she's told you but you are conflicted because of ..... then show her something that she won't be able to explain away with the usual Watchtower reasonings .

Well said. :) 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit