Wife has vowed to remain JW

by kairos 118 Replies latest members private

• kairos
    kairos

We are not separated. Far from it.

We are both committed to each other.

Yes, she chooses the GB and their JW.ORG over me, which is hard. We agreed to have "debates" via e-mail because it might prevent heated arguments. I thought that was progress, because, as we know, active JW's don't like to talk to apostates.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

We agreed to have "debates" via e-mail because it might prevent heated arguments. I thought that was progress, because, as we know, active JW's don't like to talk to apostates.

Good strategy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Many families I know are divided along religious lines, so they talk about other things. True, the "worldly" families I know probably aren't as divided as JW/exJW families.

However, I also know some families that are divided along political lines that are probably as intense as the JW/exJW divide. They avoid talking about politics and learn to bite their tongues and change the conversation for the sake of keeping the peace in the family.

So, as much as possible, my family of JWs and inactive no-longer-believers just look for anything else to talk about. Of course, I don't live with a JW, so it won't be quite so simple.

But that's just my opinion. My opinion and $5 will buy you a small coffee at Starbucks.

• Listener
    Listener
    It's such a pity that she chooses 7 men in New York over you, her loss is great.
  • out4good4
    out4good4

Debates over e-mail.......

All that means is that she'll filter everything through advice from elders and not refute anything herself.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Ugh. And emailing your thoughts would put things in writing, which could be used against you in a JC kangaroo court.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Is it really only 7 GB members now? Why haven't they kept the numbers up? Have they decided to let them die off now? Are there no more '144,000' young enough to take over? Hoping this isn't too off topic, but the 7 were mentioned here.
  • kairos
    kairos

I trust my wife. 

She will not rat me out to any elders.

She's done many things to keep them away from me, effectively improving my fade.

• Listener
    Listener
    Yes FayDunaway, there are currently only 7 GB members.  There has been no mention as to whether they will appoint more.  It must be difficult for them to find replacements as they are limited to appointing only professed anointed members.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Thanks, listener!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit