Wife has vowed to remain JW

by kairos 118 Replies latest members private

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Amen 3rd gen.

Nathan two words for you, CHILL PILL.

take one and calm down. Throwing dates of how long you been on this forum means nothing. Obviously you get easily offended and its clear by the way you reacted to my post to just be kind to the man. You responded by attacking me also. If you got trust issues thats your problem but dont take your rants out on people who come here for support or accuse them of being fake unless they show their true colors. Kairo has done nothing of the sort to deserve that so again CHILL.

'Aint nobody got time' for your pettiness

Peace!

Lost

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congrats on the weight loss, kairos. You look much younger than I would have expected. Didn't you say your wife was 65? (My mistake, you said, "She's a 68 year old, born-in, stubborn, focused, uber-dub")

3rdgen, I'm not looking for "the way to have influence" or to win popularity contests. I'm here to speak truth, and if I recall correctly, kairos asked our OPINION about his situation. ("So, how do I cope?" he asked) Everything I've stated is MY OPINION - I don't do telepathy, so I can't give YOUR opinion, only MY OWN.

Kairos is a big boy; he doesn't ask for my imprimatur on the life he's created. Although he tells you over and over and over again how much he's suffering, he sticks with the situation that causes him pain.

To me that is irrational behavior.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun
    Btw you look good kairos!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It's a sucky situation. Of all the tough experiences expressed on this site, having a spouse who is still stuck in the cult strikes me as the worst.

When the person you love enough to marry puts their cult addiction above you, well, that sounds heartbreaking to me.

Best of luck, Kairos. Nobody's marriage is perfect, and as long as the positives outweigh the negatives to you, then I understand why you'd like to continue.

And if counseling can push the balance in the positive direction, then go for it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Lostwun you sensitive delicate child, I am sorry I bring such suffering to your unicorn life.

Are you molting?

• kairos
    kairos

I'm 47.

I'm happy and would like my wife to quit the JWs.
    Not because I convince or make her, but because she WANTS to.

Right now, she doesn't want to.
    A few years ago, I didn't either.

Why give up an otherwise, great marriage?

Neither of us want to be alone, nor leave the other.
    I'll take my chances with her!

On the other hand, I do have real emotions and the stress of 25 years as a JW tends to effect me...

Anyone that doesn't get that, can bite my ass! ( donkey)

• tornapart
    tornapart

Kairos.. My hubby and me are about a similar age to you and your wife and I feel that it's not worth the pain or the emotional upheaval to change now. He's an elder so you can imagine the amount he has to do, but we make it work. The secret I think is respect. I respect his right to do what he wants and he respects my right to do what I want. We love each other and we want to make it work. Yes, it's hard sometimes and we have our moments but we use humour to defuse a lot of the problems and we make sure we make the most of the time we can spend doing things together. I sometimes joke to my husband that he could find someone else better than me...a nice uber dub..... but he knows I;m only playing.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Wife vowed to remain JW and I vowed to find the truth, we divorced.
  • blondie
    blondie

I wonder who stays together more, men or women.

I knew a nice man who was married to a jw wife. He was an atheist and at first he moved out on his wife when she became a jw. But then he and his wife talked it over and kept religion out of their conversation and she did not try to convert him. They stayed happily married for 50 years when he died.

Marriages break up now at a 50-50 rate. Not all can be for religious differences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit