LET'S MAKE A LITTLE WAGER

by You Know 536 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Does this remind anybody of You Know?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• You Know
    You Know

History is marked with singular events that serve as crucial pivots that bring far-reaching and unforeseen changes. Events that of themselves seem largely insignificant, but nonetheless, because of unseen realities can change the entire course of history. As an example: One assassin’s bullet, in August of 1914, set off a domino change reaction of events that ignited the so-called Great War that still reverberates to this very day. The events of September 11th may well prove to be an even more profound turning point in history.

As the world watches and waits, with no little anxiety and trepidation, as to how the events recently set in motion will turn out, it is important to remember that Jehovah is supremely cognizant and patient as well. For the reason that Jehovah’s word has foretold the beginning as well as they finale of things, it seems appropriate to close out this thread by letting a fascinating portion of his word have the last say:

Ha for the commotion of many peoples,
    Who are boisterous as with the boisterousness of the seas!
    And for the noise of national groups,
    Who make a din just like the noise of mighty waters!
    The national groups themselves will make a din
    Just like the noise of many waters.
    And he will certainly rebuke it,
    And it must flee far away and be chased like the chaff of the mountains
    Before a wind and like a thistle whirl before a storm wind.
    At evening time, why look! There is sudden terror.
    Before morning---it is no more.
    This is the share of those pillaging us,
    And the lot belonging to those plundering us….
    All you inhabitants of the productive land
    And you residents of the earth,
    You will see a sight just as when there is the raising up
    Of a signal upon the mountains, and you will hear a sound
    Just as when there is the blowing of a horn.
    For this is what Jehovah has said to me:
    "I will keep undisturbed and look upon my established place,
    Like the dazzling heat along with the light,
    Like the cloud of dew in the heat of harvest…"

Isaiah 17:12-14 & 18:3-4

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Robert, are you at it again? Even with the WTC disaster the market is recovering nicely. Foolish false prophet.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• dubla
    dubla
    Even with the WTC disaster the market is recovering nicely.

naw, thats just those wacky fund managers "saving" the market.....your average panic buying.

aa

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    your average panic buying

LMAO, too funny.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• dubla
    dubla
    You are suffering denial BIG TIME!

another case of the pot calling the kettle black. this coming from someone who after being PROVEN a contradictory fool, has no response, no defense.

aa

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

My God Robert,

Do you ever park the truck and stop for coffee?

Interesting scripture - here's another:

The words of the mouth of the wise one mean favor, but the lips of the stupid one swallow him up.The start of the words of his mouth is foolishness, and the end afterward of his mouth is calamitous madness. And the foolish one speaks many words.

Ecclesiastes 10:12

Have a wonderful day - HS

• You Know
    You Know

Panic buying is correct. The market movers really have no choice but to stage a desperate rally. They have at their disposal some estimated $2trillion in money market funds that are on the sidelines. I fully expect them to throw everything they have into the fray to keep the stock market from collapse. It wouldn't surprise me to see them goose the markets back up to nearly where they were. In the end it will only ensure that when it blows everyone will be completely wiped out. But the stock market is like the tip of the iceberg. There is a great mass of highly leveraged speculative money that is largely invisible. That is where the greatest danger lies. It is inconcievable that the massive $100+trillion derivatives bubble can be unwound before a catastrophe occurs. Very likely there are already some behind the scenes players that are frantic to plug the gapping holes in their positions. And just think, the war ain't even begun yet. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    Do you ever park the truck and stop for coffee?

No. I have a a continous use industrial sized Mister Coffee plugged into the cigarette lighter so I can just keep on trucking. / You Know

• dubla
    dubla

will someone please grab the needle? that thing is skipping something fierce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit