LET'S MAKE A LITTLE WAGER

by You Know 536 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

you know,

As namewitheld pointed out, you did not say that the military system would be in a state of war. You said that the financial system would be in collapse or a state of war. Therefore, all your verbaige about possible military action is simply a diversion on your part.

You Know, I will bet you that by next May, the major markets will soar, we will be in a financial paradise, and the financial markets will be at peace. People will be singing, "Happy days are here again." Wanna bet?

• Seeker
    Seeker
    How else do you suppose we should interpret what I wrote when I said that the "present financial system will be in a full-blown panic crisis; and, if not in a crash-down mode, then certainly in a state of war"?

Why not interpret it precisely the way you said it? And since there is not yet a financial full-blown panic crisis, nor a financial crash-down mode, nor a financial state of war (whatever THAT could possibly be), your wager is still up in the air with a little over a month to go.

Now, if you had predicted the U.S. would go to war, that would have been a lucky guess. But as usual, you didn't even get that one right. Still, when you figure out what you meant by a financial system going to war, you let us know. You said earlier in this thread that it would be idiotic to take that statement at face value. Quite right, it is idiotic to believe what you say.

• You Know
    You Know
    You Know, I will bet you that by next May, the major markets will soar, we will be in a financial paradise, and the
    financial markets will be at peace. People will be singing, "Happy days are here again." Wanna bet?

I thought I already did? / You Know

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Wow Wow Wow.

, I knew that something was about to give. Numerous watchers have foretold an Autumn crash. With the volatile situation in the Middle East I expected something to blow up there. I didn't really anticipate a terrorist attack like what occured, but I knew that the power brokers had to make something happen; that they wouldn't just sit back and let themselves be put into bankruptcy by the government. So that's why I stipulated that there would either be a crash or a war. The worst case scenario is that there will be both. / You Know
    So You Know admits he was just speculating, and not making any prophesy.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • larc
    larc

You Know,

You never did define "collapse." You never did define "belly up". You never did respond to the fact that I pointed out that you predicted a financial war, not a military one.

My bet is entirely different than yours. Reread it and then tell me: wanna make a bet?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

YK,

I am rather jealous of the attention that you are getting here so I have decided that it is my turn to prophecy.

I wager that on the day that YK is appointed as an elder, a giant brown fur lined glove from outer space will descend upon and envelop the White House, and keep it warm for the following winter. No abstractions with this one, put your money down now, and no OTB.

Should I lose this wager, and though highly unlikely, it is possible ( let the reader use discernment ), I will award the winner $100 worth of variegated ornamental cabbages. This is prophetically symbolic of the anti-typical matter that our brains must consist of if we are posting to this thread yet again.

Kindest regards to YK, our Lonesome Pirate and prophet without a clause - HS

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

HS,

Ahh when you said Brown furry glove:

I wager that on the day that YK is appointed as an elder, a giant brown fur lined glove from outer space will descend upon and envelop the White House, and keep it warm for the following winter. No abstractions with this one, put your money down now, and no OTB.

Will the glove be 4 sale after winters over?
    I mean like, what they gonna need it for , they might as well sell it to somebody or some thing like that, what do ya think?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • You Know
    You Know

It should be apparent to thinking persons, again, assuming that there are any on this forum, that apostates are suffering from a severe form of denial. The ridiculer's worst fear of course being that Jehovah's judgment, which is the primary object of their ridicule, will at long last overtake them. The various respondents on this topic each exhibited in their own way a denial of the reality now confronting us. This thread stands as an eloquent witness to the absolute perversity of those whom the scriptures accurately describe as "accursed children." Indeed, it is a childish trait to play "make-believe." And for adults to misuse their God-given powers of reason in such away is what Jesus condemned as "wicked reasoning." The awful truth now stalking the ridiculers of Jehovah's judgments cannot be kept at bay by make-believe. Pretending that it can is childish in the extreme and just plain silly. I have wagered a measly hundred bucks that the Devil's world is going to come crashing down soon. Each of you has bet your very lives that it won't. My wager is hedged by the Word of the Living God, Jehovah. Your bet is backed by a childish wish. / You Know

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

YK,

Admit it you were just speculating.
    Word of God you were not sticking to in your prediction.
    You admit you were just speculating:

, I knew that something was about to give. Numerous watchers have foretold an Autumn crash. With the volatile situation in the Middle East I expected something to blow up there. I didn't really anticipate a terrorist attack like what occured, but I knew that the power brokers had to make something happen; that they wouldn't just sit back and let themselves be put into bankruptcy by the government. So that's why I stipulated that there would either be a crash or a war. The worst case scenario is that there will be both. / You Know
    SPECULATION!

• dubla
    dubla

ydkf-

ah, more drivel. yk, you make it so easy for me to discredit you, mainly by contradicting yourself. this thread is 13 pages long, and i dont feel like cutting and pasting right now, so im going to summarize a few of your contradictions real quick. of course, if you deny any of these obvious contradictions in your writings, at that point ill be more than happy to go back, cut and paste, and humiliate you as the liar you are once again.

-you claimed victory on your bet, now you are saying there is still over a month to go and no one knows if youll win or not

-you start by emphasizing the markets, then you do a 180 and say they are nothing but a "side show", then continue to emphasize them once again, in fact displaying links from stock market websites as your ammo

-you claim that it is "imaginary" to think the markets are oversold, then you post a link as YOUR reference that specifically explains that the markets are oversold .....(personally this one was my favorite, im still laughing)

-you say you never meant that the financial system would be in a state of war, then you explain how the financial system COULD go to war, then you say once again that this is a ridiculous notion to think that the system/markets could go to war........youve been round and round in circles with this one, to the surprise of no one. talking in circles is a classic trait of delusional "prophets", and more specifically of jws.

anyhow, i think there are probably more, but those are the obvious contradictions that pop to mind. on to other matters....

So far your only response has been to say that you think it's a good time to buy stocks cause they are oversold.
    another common practice of you and your kind is to twist other peoples words, adding thoughts, changing meanings, etc. please go back through all my posts and find me the spot in which i said it was a good time to buy stocks. you wont find it, because i never said it. in fact i said the exact opposite, that our firm was bearish, had been since 2000, and that we might not have seen the bottom yet. you are either a complete idiot, or you just refuse to read what people actually say, perhaps both. fyi though, when we do find a definitive bottom, whatever that may be, it then could turn into a buying time, as the market is cyclical, and as YOUR link pointed out, never moves in one direction all the time.

what i DID say though, was that the market was oversold, which i proved with a link, as a FACT, to which you said i was imagining things. you ignore fact, and brush it off as "imaginary", which i find utterly hilarious!

You have absolutely no rebuttal for the mountain of evidence I linked to that indicate that people in the business, who like yourself want this system to go on, see big, big, trouble brewing, not because of a stock market decline alone, but because of the bloated credit system and the derivatives.
    once again, i have never denied that the economy/market/system is on shaky ground right now (youd have to be a complete idiot not to see that), and i have said numerous times that there are those who are bearish (on the economy and the markets), and there are those who are bullish. what you continue to fail to understand, is that the "credit system and the derivatives" revolve around the stock market. you keep making a distiction between the two, and downplaying the market in the big picture, when actually the market is the centerpiece, which i doubt you will ever understand due to your lack of a grasp on the financial system.

so tell me why i should bring a rebuttal to that which i am conceding? yes the market, the economy, etc, is currently in the tank. hell, investor sentiment is at a 10 year low, and nothing is giving us any indication that things will turn around by the 4th quarter, or even the 1st quarter next year. we might have to wait for next summer! does that mean a collapse of the dollar is imminent? of course not. does that mean if we do have a crash in the economy (we are already in a recession), and/or a crash in the markets that we will not recover? of course not. are any of these scenarios (i.e., dollar collapse, financial collapse, etc.) inevitable? of course not. anything can happen, yes. we could go to ww3 tomorrow. do i think that will happen, and will i go spouting off predictions about it? of course not, not unless i want to sound like a raving lunatic.

the real matter at hand, which weve been debating from the early pages of this thread onward, is.......your bet to us. i have accepted the bet, WAY BACK WHEN, as did many others. you then claimed victory, which we all debated with you. now we are back to square one, becuase you are now saying that we have a month to go, and you may or may not win your wager. and you still refuse to name parameters, precisely so that you can remain vague enough to claim a victory either way. again, when november comes and the "almighty dollar" is not in fact worthless, we can all sit around and have a nice belly laugh at your expense.............and from what i understand, this is a yearly ritual, so im really looking forward to my first taste of it.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit