Yes, I have a similar concern over the accuracy of the cloud covering.
The Wild Beast has both a Name & Number. Do you know what the NAME is?
Terms for Use of Revelation Illustrated Artwork On a Website or Homepage....
You may use up to 6 illustrations as long as it is used in a way that glorifies Christ, and that you add this copyright notice near the art with a link to my site at http://www.revelationillustrated.com
Art used by permission by Pat Marvenko Smith, copyright 1992.To order prints visit her "Revelation Illustrated" site.
It's not a very big cloud, is it?
Unless he's gone Gumby-style flaccid, may be a little deficient in the... er... well... you know...
Pictured are those who will have placed their hopes in the newly formed one-world government (Babylon the Great) for providing the world's need of "peace and security". Multitudes of which are church-goers, of course. Though claiming to be Christians, in truth they place the authority of the 8th King over that of God's authority, thereby committing spiritual fornication. These ones are the offspring of the harlot (the religion of Christendom) who is said to be a "mother of harlots". Yes, due to their having allowed the wild beast to "have its way" with them even the males are "harlots" . -- Schizm.
Though claiming to be Christians, in truth they place the authority of the 8th King over that of God's authority, thereby committing spiritual fornication.I'm curious, how do "they' do that? -- Ozzie.
The Scriptures clearly tell us that the 8th King will require all the earth to acknowledge it as the supreme authority, with the threat of becoming extinct for any person who refuses to comply. Being a non-Christian won't save a person from being faced with this "test". Being a Christian--whether it be a member of one of Christendom's churches or a Jehovah's Witness--will not save a person from facing this "test". And, simply being a Jehovah's Witness doesn't make one immune from caving in under the pressure of this "test".
But the context of what I said was in reference to the proper identity of the "woman" who is seen in company with the beast of Revelation 17. I've stated that she represents Christendom as a whole. I've explained WHY this "woman" (harlot) has the name of the beast written on her forehead; and that it means she will have compromised her integrity to God by her being willing to accept the "mark". Her acceptance of the "mark" reveals that she ascribes more authority to the 8th King than she does to God himself. Thus, she will have become guilty of idolatry by her putting the 8th King ahead of God.
Here's the string of events that leads up to this "test" being imposed upon mankind:
- Satan is cast down to earth, which results in "woe for the earth".-- Revelation 12.
- A devastating international war is the consequence of the above.--Matthew 24:7.
- Resulting in the 10-horned 7th King/head (i.e. all nations of earth) receiving the "death-stroke".-- Revelation 13.
- The death of the 10-horned 7th head spells out a collapse of all governments has taken place. Never has anything so devastating taken place before this. Is there anyway to prevent it from ever happening again?
- To everyone's amazement the beast comes back to life ... as an 8th King (one-world government). This "one-world government" comes about as the result of the majority of the world's governments agreeing to give it the power it needs to do the job of bringing about "peace and security".--Revelation 17.
- The thought will be that unless ALL of mankind is willing to stand behind the newly appointed 8th King, the dream of achieving "peace and security" will be unattainable. So without the full support of every adult person, there is the risk of another collapse happening again at some future date. Therefore, the making of an 8th King is considered to be the world's last hope for being able to live in peace and security.
- This promise of "peace and security" will appeal to Christendom when that day comes, even to the point of her being willing to accept the "mark" (which explains the reason for the beast's name being on the woman's forehead). Thus, the "woman" (harlot) is seen as being an institution who endorses the world's effort for producing "peace and security".
- Will all of Christendom's members follow the harlot's example, and also accept the "mark"? Or will some of them heed God's words--"Get out of her my people!"--words which apply ONLY to that future day. Any person who refuses to accept the "mark" will be deemed an enemy of the world's effort of achieving "peace and security". But to refuse the "mark" makes a person God' friend, because it means the person accepts God's authority as being higher than that of the 8th King's authority.
- Of course the WTS will not have endorsed the 8th King to begin with, and for that reason isn't included in what the harlot represents.
Yes, I have a similar concern over the accuracy of the cloud covering. -- jnat.
And just what relevance does that have to the subject of my thread? You've tried repeatedly to derail my topic. It's really so obvious what you're all about. You have no real interest in learning anything about the Bible. Your sole intent is to vent the hatred you have for the WTS, plus anyone associated with it.
It would be nice if you and a couple of others here would at least respect the Christian lady's request that Christ not be dishonored when using her artwork on this other websites. Mrs. Pat Marvenko Smith has obviously taken great pains with her artwork, with a desire to glorify God and his Son. She obviously has a good heart, with good intentions, and is a professional in her field of expertise (art). Will she be one of those who accepts the "mark" when that day of "test" finally arrives? I somehow have a gut-feeling that she won't accept it. But then of course I feel the same way about myself, and a person will never know for sure until that pressure-filled day arrives. ----> "Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall".--1 Corrinthians 10:12.
Schizm, you have made some wonderful points on this thread!!
Gumby & tetrapod.sapien:
Just a reminder: Mrs. Smith requests that when using her artwork that you give her the proper recognition and post the address to her personal website.
Art used by permission by Pat Marvenko Smith
Visit her "Revelation Illustrated" site: http://www.revelationillustrated.com
i looked into my revelation book the one used at the kingdom hall it says that the wild beast name is actually a number the three sixes 666 indicate severe imperpection.nebachenezzar made an image 6 cubits in breadth,60 cubits high.this image was meant to get all his political officials to get together and worship the same thing.which makes sense because the wild beast represent a conglomerate of nations all unified to [not yet of course because they cant seem to agree on anything]worship mans rule over man so jehovah regards this as fighting against jesus'rule which means that the united nations is an antichrist.just like it sounds anti-christ .
Pardon me, but I already told you what I require to take you seriously. You chose to ignore it, as I predicted you would. Schizm, you are the one who has degraded this thread to mockery. I simply follow your lead. Spew your hatred for Christendom all you want. I still see no specific and measurable evidences for those claims.