The Wild Beast has both a Name & Number. Do you know what the NAME is?

by Schizm 368 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And upon her forehead (the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth), was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great.”

Can also be written:

"A disgusting mother (her forehead was great) wrote things of a mystery harlot, of Babylon upon the Earth."

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:
    As ever you're clueless. The comment and quote was directly about you. As for your "great" revelation, simply put you're wrong on pretty much every point. The reason? Likely because you've been reading Watchtowers for so long you don't know which way is up. Try taking a basic Greek course so that you have a leg to stand on - there are free Internet ones available!

A word to the wise - get a life and stop beating your former brothers...

Love ya

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The verse should be translated in a way that it makes sense, whether Little Auldie likes it or not.

Likewise, whether you like it or not, Schizm. You can't just translate it any old way that fits what you like. There are rules to grammar and composition (or did you miss that bit in grade-school English?)

If you're going to come here and claim to be all scholarly, at least act the part

Okay, it's obvious what you're here for LittleToe. It's not to have a reasonable discussion that you're interested in, but it's to get in your 2-cents worth of digs & insults. I won't be taking the time to reply to your nonsense either. You hope to sabatoge my thread, even as others have already attempted to do, and you might even succeed in doing it to some extent, but one thing you haven't succeeded in doing is to keep lurkers from examining the things I've posted regarding the name of the beast here in this thread.

I hope that you have enough decency left in you to politely exit the thread.

• kid-A
    kid-A

A word to the wise - get a life and stop beating your former brothers...

Ah, LT, you blessed Scotsman! You kill me!!

• daystar
    daystar

schizm

but one thing you haven't succeeded in doing is to keep lurkers from examining the things I've posted regarding the name of the beast here in this thread.

I've been lurking. I don't have any prior reasons for believing that you're right or wrong. But based upon what evidence you have presented, I'd have to say you are building up "evidence" for something that you already want to believe, so thus are manipulating this evidence so that it seems to support your assertions.

My .005.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm glad that lurkers are reading your drivel - because it shows them how deranged your ideas can get. I've been following the thread for days and watching you twist and turn, hoisted on your own pettard.

You started by making out that you knew something that noone else in 2000 years had noticed. You talked youself up a good one. You presented opinion after opinion without substance, and responded with ad hominems when your lousy scholarship was called out. You also made a fatal admission, undermining your arguments, by confessing that you (like so many "anonymous Watchtower scholars") don't know Greek. Finally you appealled to your own authority - are you perchance a false Christ?

Frankly I have nothing of weight to add to this thread that hasn't already been said by a number of very capable minds, of which you cannot be numbered (in this thread).

Schizm, you have a mind and evidently an active one. Why don't you put it to good use? With a little tolerance and an improvement towards reasonable debating skills we could all learn a lot (you and us). The fact that you take a particular stance is no hinderance to that, as "iron sharpens iron". I sorely hope that you're not unteachable...

• Schizm
    Schizm

but one thing you haven't succeeded in doing is to keep lurkers from examining the things I've posted regarding the name of the beast here in this thread. -- Schizm.

I've been lurking. I don't have any prior reasons for believing that you're right or wrong. But based upon what evidence you have presented, I'd have to say you are building up "evidence" for something that you already want to believe, so thus are manipulating this evidence so that it seems to support your assertions.

My .005. -- daystar.

You're not what I referred to as a "lurker". You are a registerd posted on this forum, having accrued upwards of 1700 posts. To me, that's not a lurker. You're a participant instead.

Insofar as my "evidence," stay tuned, because have a lot more.

• kazar
    kazar

I was told the name of the wild beast is the United Nations....?

• daystar
    daystar

schizm

You're not what I referred to as a "lurker". You are a registerd posted on this forum, having accrued upwards of 1700 posts. To me, that's not a lurker. You're a participant instead.

Insofar as my "evidence," stay tuned, because have a lot more.

I have been a lurker on this thread. I don't care how you want to define it.

More "evidence"?! With baited breath.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I was told the name of the wild beast is the United Nations....?

Thank you for you "on topic" post, kazar. Interestingly, what you and I were "told" I embraced wholeheartedly at one time. However, I now know that the 8th King hasn't made the scene yet. The WTS still truly believes in the interpretation they've given for the scarlet-colored beast. I don't resent the WTS for being mistaken in good faith, like so many people here do, but I am anxious to see the WTS move on to bigger and better things when it comes to Bible prophecy. If I'm correct in my understanding of Daniel 11:35 (and I sincerely believe that I am) the WTS will be getting a new face, so to speak. The question for those of you here that anxiously await the supposed downfall of the WTS, is what will you do then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit