The Wild Beast has both a Name & Number. Do you know what the NAME is?

by Schizm 368 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My what a concise and enlightening post. All spent on the subject, are you? The time is ticking on your life, too, only we can spend ours as we like with little fear of an impending "Big A".

You certainly seem to have exhausted your debating skills abilities attempts...

Btw, the gematric number for:

• Babylon is 555 / 6
    • Schizm is 268 / 7
    • Babylon the Great is 1277 / 8

• jgnat
    jgnat

How do I go about discerning between a prophet and a man-made prophet? What are the signs? Primarily of course, the genuine article's prophecies come true. Daniel was such a man. He baffled the "wise men" of his day by providing specific and immediately measurable interpretations . Any man-made prophet wanting to keep his head knows better than to do that. In very short order Daniel would be would be proved true. Or otherwise. To is contemporaries' temporary surprise, Daniel was consistently right. I say temporary because these false prophets shortly lost their heads.

We certainly have plenty of man-made prophets these days. Back in the seventies I believed and I was betrayed by pseudo-scientists who said that by now:

World oil reserves would be depleted and combustion engines would be obsolete.

The population explosion would overrun the world's resources and we would all be eating plankton by now, if we hadn't already self-exterminated.

The world money markets would collapse and gold would become the currency of choice.

I still hear these doomsday prophecies circulated, and perhaps they may come true some day. But these self-made prophets were fundamentally wrong. Their predicted disasters did not happen within thirty years. Mankind has proven to be more adaptable than any of these doomsayers predicted.

Modern psychics these days are a little more cagey. They predict things like, "A hollywood starlet this year will suddenly break off her engagement." or "I see a man in your future." When put to the specific and measurable test, however, they also fail.

Confidence, believability, persistence, literacy, articulation, passion, precision in bible interpretation or hermaneutics....none of these qualities make a man-made prophet true. Even if he prints in REALLY BIG LETTERS, he has not been proven true. If he exhausts his opponents, he is not true. If he finally resorts to ad-hominem attacks (You are not a bible believer so I will ignore your criticisms) he is not true.

If he were to say, for instance, that modern Christendom's churches are Babylon the Great, why would I believe him? I might as well say Las Vegas is Babylon the Great, prove me wrong. I think Las Vegas has many more markers as a tempting and corrupt influence in our day. Or as leolaia did, put the prophecy in context in history, and see who fit then. Again, leolaia's interpretation fits far better. Besides, her interpretation has the advantage of being specific and measurable, and it happened.

What would it take for me to believe Schizm? Well, first of all he has to show enough flexibility of mind to address questions from anybody. He has to stick to regular font and avoid ad-hominem attacks. He would list the top markers or characteristics, from the bible, of "Babylon the Great." He would then show how his interpretation fits better than either mine or leolaia's. Also, I would challenge every supposed marker, by challenging each one and proposing alternatives. Like Abraham I would ask, if I found one church in Christendom today that is following God's will, is Schizm's prophecy proved wrong/postponed? He would then give a specific and measurable interpretation ... that is, when is Christendom going to get her own back? I would mark my calendar and wait. Who was right?

Now, if Schizm were to act true to form, he will ignore this request. Rather, he will find a single sentence of mine to mock. If my prophecy that my challenge will not be taken seriously proves true, my challenge will deflate and I will concede defeat to the weaker intelligence.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Or as leolaia did....
    ... either mine or leolaia's....

Two things that I've learned about leolaia:

1. She rejects the Bible as being the word of God, yet parades herself as one who understands it.
    2. She likes to use the "f" word. Most people would regard her as immoral.
    What would it take for me to believe Schizm?

What would it take for me to believe leolaia?

And, since you and her appear to be

Schizm

• gumby
    gumby
    What would it take for me to believe either one of you?

Schizm

First you must quit acting like an obstinate asswipe. Then you must humble yourself. Then you must learn to reason. Then you must come to believe that many things people tell you are in fact facts and not lies. Your hopeless though Schizm....it will never happen with you cuz your a butthead and you know it.................................butthead butthead butthead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

• Schizm
    Schizm

Do you realize that you've registered over 12,000 posts having called me a "bastard". Now it looks as if you're striving to double that number by calling me "butthead".

Takes one to know one, Gumass --------> Don't Be a Butthead Laminated Poster

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    She likes to use the "f" word. Most people would regard her as immoral.

Unsubstantiated appeal to popularity. In any case, the opinion of the majority regarding the use of the "f" word would not automatically make her immoral because morality is in the eye of the beholder.

What would it take for me to believe leolaia?

Well? Jgnat asked and answered the question she raised. You only asked your question. You are the only one who can answer. What would it take for you to believe Leolaia? For that matter, what would it take for you to believe the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

From what I have read, the only opinion you credit as having any validity is your own.

AuldSoul

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:
    You really crack me up. You're right, it's a waste of time attempting to debate with you, as you have no reasoning ability.

1. She rejects the Bible as being the word of God, yet parades herself as one who understands it.

Sadly, for you, she has more bible knowledge in her little finger than you appear to have in you entire cranium. Does she make you feel inadequate, somehow, hence the overwhelming desire to slight her?

As for the "immoral" comment - you need to get out more! She's hardly an example of loose-living, and rarely even posts on the flirtatious threads. Once more you show your opinion to be ignorant, extreme and unreasonable!

Bye bye Schizo...

• Schizm
    Schizm

Your attempts at sabotaging this topic, the first few of which were on the 1st page, have not succeeded. In fact, all that you've accomplished is that you keep bringing this topic to the top.

Thanks for your help.

More to do with the actual topic later,

Schizm

• daystar
    daystar
    More to do with the actual topic later,

Ralph: "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

• gumby
    gumby

1. That's like saying Schizm rejects christianity's message, yet acts like he understands it.

2. Never heard of such a thing.

Your first one was pure idiotic reasoning... even by your standards, and the second one was an outright lie. In both cases you know it to be true.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit