Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

All right, Hibiscus... I'm going to suggest you really take a few minutes and consider what you're writing here. Ask yourself what's the problem with the Watchtower Society? (Okay, don't answer that--I know there are too many to list here :o) ) What I'm referring to is...

The attempt by others to assert that something is true--because WE think it is true, and to insist that our rules, perspectives and guidelines are the only ones to be followed in order to be "right."

This is not only true of JWs, but also of authoritarianism in general. If you're not careful, you're going to find yourself slipping back into the same type of thinking that LED to organizations like Jehovah's Witnesses. Remember Paul's counsel against having 'debates over words.' Your insistence that using "Xmas" is obviously wrong--when other people disagree has created an unnecessary debate over a trifling matter.

Now what's going through your mind now? Are you about to say something like, "I don't think making sure "Christ" is put back in "Christmas" is a trifling matter at all. I love my Lord and Savior and want to bring glory to Him."? Do you love Him so much that you're willing to resort to insisting on little rules that make you feel complete--but amount to the legalism He fought so hard against when on earth?

Remember His aggravation at the Pharisees over their scrupulous adherence to following all the little rules--and their extrapolation of them? ("A tenth of the dill; a tenth of the cumin...") Also remember Paul's words in Galations about "Standing fast in the freedom with which Christ has made us free, not being entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

If people here are in fact Christians, the important thing is faith in Christ and living as He lived--not jumping on whether its right or wrong to write Xmas--when it's clear not all agree with this. And if they are not Christians--or are just confused for the time being--expressing your personal opinions by gratuitously asserting them does nothing to attract them to Christianity.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Midwich:

By the same token - aren't you irritated when athiests celebrate it too? Or would it be ok for them to call it Xmas?

Just think about this....athiests do not believe in God but they celebrate Christmas....that's just hyprocrite!

On the otherhand let's say they do call it Xmas (which suppose to depict Christmas) then who's fooling who? Then the Xmas would be for athiests the celebrating of a sun god baal. And thus brings you back to still some false god worship.....

......uh athiests don't believe in God or any type of gods right??

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HF

• defd
    defd
    Satan has infiltrated and defiled our Christian celebration of Christmas

Wrong AGAIN!

"christians" violated and stole Devil the Satans holiday....EVERYONE knows that.

u/d That is the most accurate statement i read from you so far! That statement couldnt be any closer to the truth.

• daystar
    daystar

defd said:

That is the most accurate statement i read from you so far! That statement couldnt be any closer to the truth.

I think the rock from the mountain of God just entered earth's atmosphere.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

: And thus brings you back to still some false god worship.....

I'm an atheist and I think life is absurd. I love the idea of laughing at life. If I get some laughs and a good time from "worshiping" a "False God" (LOL) at Christmas time, then so be it. Who cares.

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

u/d:

That is NOT a "christian" quality...last I checked.

Check again Mr. Noah. Christians can become angry ...what you feel we are robots.

God said you can be angry but sin not.

Ephesians 4:26
    Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

HF

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    athiests do not believe in God but they celebrate Christmas....that's just hyprocrite!

No, you want to know what's hypocritical? A government that, through legislation, shoves a "Christian" holiday down the throats of non-Christians while at the same time claiming we have "freedom of religion".

What about freedom FROM religion?

W

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Carla:

I understand your discomfort. Do you invite nonChristians to your holiday affairs, church services, or family gatherings? I know of a family that does that every year.

Yes we do.

HF

• avishai
    avishai

OK.....Well, If you're that fired up about X-mas being blasphemous, how do you feel about Easter being called easter?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Christians can become angry

How convenient...

u/d(of the turn the other cheek and let yourself be wronged class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit