Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Christmas is the real thing. You are being selfish.

No, Coke is the real thing...remember it's all about marketing.

You refuse to give up your incorrect assumptions about the X in Xmas despite numerous times of being proven wrong...so who's being selfish?

• Krystal
    Krystal

LOL... avishai...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i love santa!!

• glitter
    glitter

Hibiscusfire, you said this:

"“X-mas” is meant to share season’s greeting to all races, cultures and religions. (snip)"#

And the whole post came from here: http://www.goodnewsetc.com/123TS1.htm

And was written by "Victoria Barboza is in 9th grade at Midway Baptist School in San Diego."

"Christmas is one of the most enjoyed holidays of the year. To me, as well as other Christians around the world, this season continually reminds us of the day Christ was born. (snip)"

Is from the *same* webpage and was written by "Ezraley Samala is a 9th grade student at Bay View Christian Academy in San Diego."

This webpage is about young peoples' thoughts and feelings about "Xmas", if either of the above were originally written by you it would explain a *lot*.

If you *aren't* just a troll (*cough*), then stop plagiarising ridiculously unimformed points of view! Can't you be *ignorant* using your *own* opinions?!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

WOW!

+ + +

By Danae Papatheodore

When I see an “X” replacing the Christ in Christmas it is upsetting. I feel that it is taking the meaning out of Christmas. It is like saying that what happened on that day wasn’t important. Jesus the Savior is born and that is what it really is about. It is not about presents, Santa, and Christmas trees, although that stuff is fun.

They also do the same thing with Thanksgiving. They call it Turkey Day. Well, it isn’t all about turkeys, it’s about telling what you’re thankful for and actually being thankful. So let’s put the meaning back in Christmas and not be lazy by calling it Xmas!

o

Danae Papatheodore is an 11th grade student at Victory Christian School in Oceanside.

http://www.goodnewsetc.com/123TS1.htm

• glitter
    glitter

Funny that Hibiscusfire didn't copy and paste this one:

"By Natalie Bishop

Centuries have passed, time has flown by, and many Christmas celebrations have come and gone. Christmas is a holiday that originated to commemorate Christ’s birth, which is why many feel disturbed with the replacement of “X” for “Christ” in Christmas.

Although some take offense at the X-ing out of “Christ” in Christmas, others see it as a mere abbreviation. “X,” in the Greek language, was used to represent the word “Christ.” Therefore, this abbreviation would seem to be appropriate. The uninformed individual, without knowing this fact, could be offended.

Christians are aware that there are many in this country trying to remove religion from daily life. Prayer and the Ten Commandments have been removed from schools and activists have attempted to take “One Nation, Under God” out of the roots of America.

Is it any wonder that “X” in place of “Christ” causes a stir?

Personally, it seems logical to abbreviate “Christ” with “X” as long as your focus is in the right place. I find myself seeing no difference in the meaning of the two words. They both bear the same significance in honoring one of the most awesome gifts God has given mankind.

o

Natalie Bishop is a student at Linfield Christian High School in Temecula."

• Daunt
    Daunt

I think that maybe the worse "IN YO FACE" this site has ever seen. Glitter, good job.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hibiscus has been !!!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

halleluyah!!!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

glitter: Hibiscusfire, you said this: "“X-mas” is meant to share season’s greeting to all races, cultures and religions. (snip)"#

And the whole post came from here: http://www.goodnewsetc.com/123TS1.htm

And was written by "Victoria Barboza is in 9th grade at Midway Baptist School in San Diego."

"Christmas is one of the most enjoyed holidays of the year. To me, as well as other Christians around the world, this season continually reminds us of the day Christ was born. (snip)"

Is from the *same* webpage and was written by "Ezraley Samala is a 9th grade student at Bay View Christian Academy in San Diego."

If you hadn't noticed before glitter I did mention eg on pg 18...

"There is no “X” even in the word Christmas! And even if there was, let’s take any other holiday or even your own personal birthday, how would you like it if no one even took time out to recognize your birth. I know I would feel un-appreciated or even un-loved. gift He sent us, Jesus Christ. The whole reason why Christmas even is, is to celebrate the birth of this Man, this innocent and perfect Man whom we learn later was crucified and resurrected after three days.

Christmas has been distorted to some fantasy time of year, even to the point where people try and leave Christ out and replace it with a big “X” that signifies absolutely nothing.

Don’t take the history out of Christmas. Just know the only true gift we have received is the birth of our Savior, Jesus."

Sarah Lashinsky is a 12th grade student at Victory Christian School in Oceanside.

Yes these are comments from other people other than myself and it was to show you that I am not the only person who think the same about the X in X-mas.

Now if you go back and notice again I never put my signature as Hibiscusfire at the end.

Ha! You think you're so smart you're stupid. ....I did that deliberately glitter mouth!!!

LOL!

So I'm not busted because I didn't do anything wrong.

Hbiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit