Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down
    So great is this social pressure

Is that not what you're doing?

u/d(of the likes to play with his food before he eats it class)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

One extreme is not balanced by going to the opposite extreme. The distortion of Christmas won't be corrected by eliminating all gift-giving and observing Christmas as a "religious" holiday.

The fact is, we do live in this world, and our families are greatly influenced by others. What we need to do is swing back toward the middle and eliminate the need to compete with others.

Then we will have the freedom to develop God's plan for our families without the pressure from the commercial world.

Hibie

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Well it means cross OUT!!

An X is an x ----cross out

A + is a cross there is a difference.

1. There is historical evidence that Romans also used an "X"-shaped cross.
    2. When you see a sign that says "Children Xing" that means "Children Crossing" - the "X" represents "CROSS".

Get it?

-ithinkisee

(Why is this subject fascinating me?)

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    This holiday is imposed on people whether they're Christian or not, so they should not be criticized for celebrating it in whatever way they choose.

Good point!

• Legolas
    Legolas

We don't plan to give any gifts for christmas....Just be with friends and family and enjoy them!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Legolas,

Where do you get all those groovy little animations from, is there some website?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

daystar:

The X is also a symbol for the Cross, in turn symbolising his sacrifice. How can it be a blasphemy?

That is not a symbol for the cross- the cross symbol would be like this ...+. upright position. Don't be fooled.

People use X to cross out things.

Christmas is celebrating Jesus' birth. Easter is celebrating His sacrifice so in any case why put the X there at Christmas time?

Hibie

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Hisbicus, I'm not one to nag, but don't you think you should lighten up a little?

• damselfly
    damselfly
    One extreme is not balanced by going to the opposite extreme.

I agree.

The distortion of Christmas won't be corrected by eliminating all gift-giving and observing Christmas as a "religious" holiday.

So what is you point here? Why did you start this topic? Think about it.

Dams

• upside/down
    upside/down
    (Why is this subject fascinating me?)

The same reason we all rubber-neck at an auto accident... and stare into the toilet before we flush...Why?

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit