Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

rebel:

Do you decorate your house with eggs, chicks, or bunnies? NO

How about a Christmas tree, YES Santas, YES or yule logs NO?

Do you exchange Easter baskets NO or Christmas presents YES?

Do you eat egg bread or other Easter-related foods NO I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS EASTER FOOD? WHAT WE EAT ON FRIDAY IS PROVISION AND FISH.

Do you send Easter greeting cards NO? Do you use the word "Easter" to refer to a special day you celebrate YES AND NO?

Do you listen to holiday music that mentions the above items AT EASTER GOSPEL MUSIC, YES CHRISTMAS SONGS?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, you are doing things that originated with pagans NO, WHAT I CELEBRATE IS CONCERNING BIBLE EVENTS NOT PAGANISM.

Now the question I'd ask is, who cares?I DO Why does it matter what things symbolize to others if they symbolize something good to you? BECAUSE WHAT THE EYE CANNOT SEE THE SPIRIT OF GOD CAN PS--"crossing out Jesus" is something I see routinely on church billboards. is that where you got this idea from NO. BIBLE FULL GOSPEL CHRISTIANS DO NOT TOLERATE THE DEGRADING OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST? hibiscusfire

• nilfun
    nilfun

*holds hands up in the "surrender position and chuckles*

Heh, heh --I have to admit, you had me going there for a minute. -- Great satire, Hib.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    YOU PEOPLE SHOULD GO BACK TO BEING JW's BECAUSE YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT A REASON EXCEPT TO STUFF YOUR GUTS AND RECEIVE GIFTS.

YOU BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS AND HE IS NOT EVEN THE REASON FOR CHRISTMAS. HE'S NOT EVEN REAL.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THEN DON'T CELEBRATE IT!!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS!!!!

Hibiscusfire
    Wrong AGAIN!

"christians" violated and stole Devil the Satans holiday....EVERYONE knows that.

u/d

The origins of Christmas

See also Theories regarding the origin of the date of Christmas below.

Historians are unsure exactly when Christians first began celebrating the Nativity of Christ. However, most scholars believe that Christmas originated in the 4th century as a Christian substitute for pagan celebrations of the winter solstice . (See also the introduction of Customs and celebrations below.)

The Romans honored Saturn , the ancient god of agriculture, each year beginning on December 17 in a festival called the Saturnalia . This festival lasted for seven days and included the winter solstice, which at that time fell on 25 December (today, following calendar reform , it falls on 21 December). During Saturnalia the Romans feasted, postponed all business and warfare, exchanged gifts, and temporarily freed their slaves. With the lengthening of daylight, these and other winter festivities continued through January 1, the festival of Kalends, when Romans marked the day of the new moon and the first day of the month and year.

By the fourth century another factor was also at work. Many Romans also celebrated the solstice on December 25th with festivities in honor of the rebirth of Sol Invictus , the "Invincible Sun God", or with rituals to glorify Mithra , the ancient Persian god of light (see Mithraism ). Sol Invictus was a cult to which both Constantine himself before his confession of Christianity, and his predecessor Diocletian who had rebuilt the Roman Empire, were especially devoted, and to whom they had attributed their military successes. Constantine is therefore assumed to have found it convenient to find a common major festival for both Sol Invictus and Christianity.

3. We make a mockery out of Christmas when we don't practice the spirit and meaning of Christmas every day. We make a mockery out of Christmas when we focus on the word and not on the meaning. We make a mockery out of Christmas when we don't care enough to know the story as printed in the Bible. When we don't care enough to pass the story on correctly. When we don't care enough to make a connection between Christ and our gift giving. When we make Santa Claus the spirit of Christmas, leaving out any connection to Christ, the true spirit of Christmas. Hib

Hib..... It was a PAGAN HOLIDAY FIRST!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

nilfun.......FUNNNEEEEEEE!!!!!

hib

• rebel8
    rebel8

What bible event relates to decorating your house with Christmas trees/Santas and exchanging Christmas presents? Which bible event is that? Where does the bible mention doing such things?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Legolas

The birth of Jesus Christ is not pagan.

The history about the 25th of December is deep - pagan history - fact

Jesus was not born on 25th December - fact

If you really knew the depth where this runs would you believe that Jesus is God?

Hib

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Legolas

The birth of Jesus Christ is not pagan.

Hib....I never said it was!!!!

I said it was FIRST a 'PAGAN' holiday!

Did you READ the origins of christmas?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Hibiscus: Why do you wear sunglasses? Don't you know that the sky is blue!
    JWD: I don't wear sunglasses Hib.
    Hibiscus: We forget that the sky is blue, and profane the name of the color. If you don't know why the sky is blue, don't wear glasses!
    JWD: I've NEVER worn glasses Hib.
    Hibiscus: Don't confuse me with facts--my mind is made up.
    JWD: Are you feeling well?
    Hibiscus: YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND EAT MACARONI AND CHEESE, BECAUSE YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT THE SKY IS BLUE AND YOU PROFANE DAYLIGHT BY WEARING SUNGLASSES!! GO STUFF YOU TURKEYS!!
  • sweet tee
    sweet tee

FASCINATING ... SIMPLY FASCINATING.

In all my years as a dub I NEVER behaved as hib does. Damn I was a good witness ... should have stayed in !

(sweet tee of the Jesus is love class and it is not loving to judge your brother)

• daystar
    daystar

John doe

OMG... you so made me cry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit