Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

THE FIRST LADY: LAURA BUSH

Hello, and Happy Holidays! Oh, I mean "Merry Christ-X!" A lot of vile, blue state pagans X out the word Christ in Christmas, but here at the White House, if we X out anything it's going to be the Roman Catholic Mary Worshipping "Mass" part! So take that, you old, un-American Iraq-War-scoffing Pope in Rome!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

such a shame to watch someone meltdown

• acsot
    acsot

I take back my previous post - either Hib is 8 or 9 years old, or is actually delusional/insane, whatever the correct psychiatric name is for her type of behaviour/thinking.

She has serious problems, mentally and/or emotionally unstable and needs help. We can't give her that help. She needs medical attention.

There's some sort of disorder whereby certain people, when they visit places like Jerusalem, actually start believing they're the Messiah (or Moses, or Abraham, etc.). Maybe this is something similar.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think Christmas means something different to all of us. Some never get comfortable celebrating it..

Others focus on it being about the birth of Christ

some see is as just a hallmark commercial holiday..

Others see it as a time to decorate and share gifts

and my personal favorite (although I also love to decorate and share gifts) is family getting together..

When I was a JW, I missed out on my dad's family celebrating for so many years. And because of this, I never really felt like I was in my dad's heart as family..

Now my dad was NEVER a JW.. and he doesn't go to any church.. nor I would doubt he prays, but Christmas is HUGE to him.. to the point that 4 yrs ago I wasn't even welcome to come visit him, because I didn't share Christmas with the family (when I was still a dub)...

Personally, whatever reason we choose to celebrate or not celebrate, is not wrong... and finally as NOT brainwashed dubs, we have that choice to make if we want to celebrate or not.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

john doe/ princess:

Are you both for real? You really do not understand anything do you.

john doe: Those are insults??? haaahahhahaha

princess: I can't believe the foolish things you said in your last post.

Hibiscus

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

classicist: Do you fast during Advent to prepare yourself for the Solemnity of Christmas?

Describe to me briefly what Advent is ok.

hibie

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Hey Hib. I just thought I'd let you know that you should be thanking me. I saved your life yesterday. Yep, if it weren't for me, you'd be good as eaten. How you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

I was out for my daily walk, chatting with Jesus, asking him how he felt about Christmas.

He says, "Christmas, what's that?"

John.....I was literally ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

mrs Nobody aka mrsjones: i agree with ascot...you are pretty juvenile Hibis

That's ok. I'm still a child of God.

hibiscusbaby

• Sassy
    Sassy

displaying christ like qualities I see..

why are you talking to people like that?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

legolas:

Do not celebrate Christmas because you make it into a big joke. You don't know anything about Jesus do you? I feel sorry for you....but then again perhaps one day you'll realise what I said is true.

hibi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit