Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Hibiscusfire . . .I'm with you 100% on this one. Removing Christ from Christmas creates a non- Christian and non-religious innuendo in people. If one isn't a Christian don't celebrate the holiday.

• kazar
    kazar

Hibiscus, I celebrate Christmas because it is the most fun time of the year. I grew up Catholic in a very dysfunctional home. Christmas was the only happy time in my life. At 17 I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses and had to relinquish Christmas, much to my dismay! Especially when I raised my children without that wonderful holiday in their otherwise dreary lives as JW's. Now I'm of of JW's and I celebrate it once again with gusto. Since now I am not Christian nor care to be one, I care not one bit if it is called Christmas or Xmas.

• chrissy
    chrissy

cool! i wanna take the christ out of my name, christina.

from here on out i will be known as xina. got it? or i guess chrissy is fine too.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hmm, so every celibration that isn't heartily slathered with a thick coating of Jesus creates a non-religious innuendo in people. Ha ha, this is too good. :-)

• Daunt
    Daunt

If you are not pagan you should not be celebrating this holiday, since it is based on pagan origins. All of you who celebrate it is disrespecting pagan beliefs to the highest degree. Sad people, sad people. But anyways, I celebrate it because it's freakin fun. Couldn't care any less about where it came from, I don't celebrate jesus, I don't celebrate the pagans and I don't care. It's my own holiday just like it's everybody elses own holiday. If you have to be so empirialistic to claim relative holidays for yourselves is just sad. Why can't we just BE freakin happy without having some context and irrational opposition to it?

• Princess
    Princess

Deleted 'cause they won't read it and reason anyway. It's like talking to a brick wall. A brick wall that keeps screaming the same stupid thing over and over and over...

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"If you are celebrating Christmas do you know why???"

It's a simple equation: no bling under the tree = no nookie for weeks.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Tigerman:

Hibiscusfire . . .I'm with you 100% on this one. Removing Christ from Christmas creates a non- Christian and non-religious innuendo in people. If one isn't a Christian don't celebrate the holiday.

Thank you tigerman. Hey guys look you all follow the pattern monkey see monkey do .....JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID TO ALLOW OTHERS TO THINK YOU ARE NUTS. Well I am not nuts.

AND I'M ALSO NOT WRONG. BOY AM I NOT WRONG.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

luna2:

Kind of like talking to the wall, huh GBL.

Um a wall doesn't respond for starters.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Finally-free: My sister would agree with you on this, but she doesn't get on the internet much. I won't tell her about this board though, because she and I disagree on almost everything. She's trying to convert me back to Catholicism.

Well if she disagrees with you that's good...the catholic thing well that is a different story.

Hibiscus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit