Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

John doe DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

rebel: What bible event relates to decorating your house with Christmas trees/Santas and exchanging Christmas presents? Which bible event is that? Where does the bible mention doing such things? There is no bible event with decorating your house with Christmas trees....I never said it did. Or with Santa. That Christmas presents were like when the wise men brought gifts to the baby Jesus. Hibe

• daystar
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

legolas:

Hib....I never said it was!!!!

I said it was FIRST a 'PAGAN' holiday!

I never said you did ...I was making a statement to your post.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

daystar:

John doe

OMG... you so made me cry That is sooooooooooo pathetic! HA! Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

As an Ex Jehovah's Witness you people should understand the value of the birth of Jesus Christ which is celebrated at Christmas time.

It's not that 25th December was not His actual birth date or that the sun god baal was born on that day. Some where along the line there were some loose screws and Catholicism had a lot to do with it. So by acknowledging Jesus' birth when you celebrate Christmas really counts.....again its not the ham, not the eggnog (where we live we don't have egg nog for Christmas we have punch-de-creme), not the fruit cake, not the gifts, not the Santa Claus, not the tree.....IT'S ABOUT JESUS.

Great is the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. How can you call God X?

x stands for nothing in itself.

Hibi

• acsot
    acsot

Okay, now I get it; Hib's gotta be around 11 or 12 years old.

Hib, do your parents know you're spending so much time on the internet? You should be doing homework, going out with your friends, helping with chores, getting some exercise, help your mom or dad make supper ...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    The word 'X-mas' : Professing yourselves wise you become fools.

1. The X is not an English letter, but Greek. Then "mas" should be in greek too.

2. The "X" is the Greek letter "Chi" and is equal to a "CH" in English letters. Where does "R I S T" come in???? So you've got CHmas...Geez...What is CH???? chooo chooooo train????

3. We make a mockery out of Christmas when we don't practice the spirit and meaning of Christmas every day. We make a mockery out of Christmas when we focus on the word and not on the meaning. We make a mockery out of Christmas when we don't care enough to know the story as printed in the Bible. When we don't care enough to pass the story on correctly. When we don't care enough to make a connection between Christ and our gift giving. When we make Santa Claus the spirit of Christmas, leaving out any connection to Christ, the true spirit of Christmas.

Hibis honey,

Either you really dont have a point or somewhere you have lost your train of thought. You seem to be a bit confused my dear.

Josie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

daystar:

I am not using satire, if you think I am I am certain I didn't put any curse on anyone.

Hibiscus

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey Hib! There's a fly on your shoulder.

What's that smell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit