Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

There must be someone out there who is afraid to say the same.....

Don't X Christ out of Christmas!!!!

Hibie

I'm coming after you NOW!!!!!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

JAFFA:

When you calm down, I would welcome feedback on my recent post please - you are very good at responding to as many posts as you can.

ok I'll calm down because I'll be back for you!!!!

Hibie

• luna2
    luna2

Kind of like talking to the wall, huh GBL. LMAO! This thread is nuts.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    There must be someone out there who is afraid to say the same.....

Don't X Christ out of Christmas!!!!

Hibie

I'm coming after you NOW!!!!!

My sister would agree with you on this, but she doesn't get on the internet much. I won't tell her about this board though, because she and I disagree on almost everything. She's trying to convert me back to Catholicism. W

• Confession
    Confession
    Your inability to comprehend concepts is not the most irritating aspect of this little charade--no--your blatant insistence that you are the voice of God and are comprehending perfectly every detail about theology is by far more annoying than your mental inadequacies.

Yes, John, this is the point. It's this type of thinking that causes the problem of religious authoritarianism to begin with. It's people EXACTLY like Hibiscus. They truly think they know it all. They do not express these things as opinions--but as facts. Their own fake confidence can sometimes inspire others to join in with them, and before you know it a whole group of self-appointed Guardians has popped up. Under the right circumstances it produces religious organizations, with leaders (thinking and talking just like Hibiscus,) who think they have the sole right to speak for God--with no toleration for the beliefs of others--including other Godly people.

The smugness, the arrogance, the megalomania... It's absolutely fascinating.

• Princess
    Princess

Legs are fine Odrade, thanks for asking. I went for a 1/2 mile lake swim last night just to make sure I'm truly a sick sick person. Now I feel fine, still tired but ready to register for another in September.

Just pulled a nice veggie pizza out of the oven....enjoying the show/train wreck that hibiscusfire is driving.

• acsot
    acsot
    The smugness, the arrogance, the megalomania... It's absolutely fascinating.

It's like being there right at the moment of conception - of a cult.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hibe

I was just wondering about your argument that miss-spelling or abbreviating the word Christmas represents a removal of Christ in some way.

I think perhaps Christians having such a debate and arguing about such detail (me too) might be taking Christ out of things? Or perhaps you think Christ approves of this thread and is rooting for you to win the day. When he walked the earth didn't he attend to more important matters?

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hibiscusfire,

Are you at least good-looking? God I hope so!

Because there isn't anything else in this thread that you have said to recommend you as a person or as an Xtian!

Admitting when you are wrong or when an obviously valid point has been made by others would not only be good form, it would be in conformity with real Christ-like humility - but such humility is not a requirement to participate in this forum. Neither, incidently, is it a requirement to be a Christian or believer in anything in order to participate.

But you seem completely unwilling to listen to different points of view or even read what others have written. In this forum we reserve the right to disagree and to take minority and unpopular points of view, but simply refusing to discuss honestly and acknowledge what others are writing isn't playing fair.

-Eduardo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Because there isn't anything else in this thread that you have said to recommend you as a person or as an Xtian!

Was that really necessary? There were plenty of valid points made in this thread. Is there any useful purpose in attacking the person?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit