Somethings just not true!

by defd 105 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Seriously evil thats a good thought. You could write to the society and suggest that. You may even get there official response as why they do not or even Maybe they are considering it. It is worth a shot.

• defd
    defd

Billy as a matter of fact just the other day a brother and I played a game of tennis with a WORKMATE who is not a witness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

defd,

What are ya'lls thoughts on that?

Give it up dude, you are not going to change anyones views on here about the Society. DL76

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the worst person in the truth is better than the best person in the world

thats what i was taught

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Billy as a matter of fact just the other day a brother and I played a game of tennis with a WORKMATE who is not a witness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are SO DEAD when it comes to Armageddon!!!!! (that's a joke btw)

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

defd: I recommend you wholeheartedly follow this new light by the society. Make as many new worldly friends as you can in order to be spared Jehovah's wrath in his upcoming day of judgement.

GBL

• defd
    defd

You are SO DEAD when it comes to Armageddon!!!!!

I caught the humor. I smiled at that one billy

D.

• defd
    defd

defd,

What are ya'lls thoughts on that?

Give it up dude, ;you are not going to change anyones views on here about the Society. ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; DL76

I know that dragon L.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w94 2/15 p. 24 Keep Your Distance When Danger Threatens ***

We must also be on guard against extended association with worldly people. Perhaps it is a neighbor, a school friend, a workmate, or a business associate. We may reason, ‘He respects the Witnesses, he leads a clean life, and we do talk about the truth occasionally.’ Yet, the experience of others proves that in time we may even find ourselves preferring such worldly company to that of a spiritual brother or sister. What are some of the dangers of such a friendship?

We could begin to minimize the urgency of the times we live in or take a growing interest in material rather than spiritual things. Perhaps, because of a fear of displeasing our worldly friend, we would even desire to be accepted by the world. (Compare 1 Peter 4:3-7.) The psalmist David, on the other hand, preferred to associate with people who loved Jehovah. "I will declare your name to my brothers; in the middle of the congregation I shall praise you," he wrote. (Psalm 22:22) We will be safeguarded if we imitate David’s example, seeking friendship that can build us up spiritually.

w97 7/15 p. 18 Are You Pursuing Virtue? ***

Of course, we must also guard against bad associations. We can be cordial with neighbors, workmates, and fellow students. But if we are really walking wisely, we will avoid getting too close to those not pursuing Christian virtue.—Compare Colossians 4:5.

w93 8/1 pp. 18-19 Let No One Spoil Your Useful Habits ***

Paul would have recognized, though, the potential for "bad associations" in the workplace. We should too. Significantly, Paul quoted an attitude that prevailed among some: "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die." (1 Corinthians 15:32) He immediately followed that with his fatherly counsel: "Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits." How might the workplace and the seeking of enjoyment be linked in creating a potential danger?

Christians want to be friendly with workmates, and many experiences bear out how effective this can be in opening the way for giving a witness. A fellow worker could misinterpret friendliness, however, as inviting association in order to have a good time together. He or she might extend a casual invitation to lunch, to a brief stop after work for a drink, or to some recreation on the weekend. This person might appear kind and clean-cut, and the invitation might seem innocent. Yet, Paul advises us: "Do not be misled."

Some Christians have been. They gradually developed a relaxed attitude toward association with workmates. Maybe it grew out of a common interest in a sport or a hobby. Or a non-Christian on the job might be exceptionally kind and thoughtful, which led to spending increasing amounts of time with that one, even preferring such company to that of some in the congregation. Then the association might lead to missing just one meeting. It could mean being out late one evening and breaking the pattern of sharing in the field ministry in the morning. It could result in watching a film or a video of a type that the Christian normally would refuse. ‘Oh, that would never happen to me,’ we might think. But most of those who have been misled may first have responded that way. We need to ask ourselves, ‘Just how determined am I to apply Paul’s counsel?’
  • vitty
    vitty

Defd

I always thought that field sevice was very ineffective, I mean armageddon could come tommorrow and we were just limping around the territory, waiting for the hand on the watch to move, damm it LOL

Even pionners wasted loads of time. I remember talking to my ´sister who is still in and saying the WT should have a big campaign on the net, she said even a TV or radio campaign would have more effect that what we where doing.

What do you think

As for having a game of tennis thats ok as long as its not a regular thing and heaven forbid esculates into going out for the odd pint

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit