Somethings just not true!

by defd 105 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Defd

The reason I stopped going to the meeings was that my conscience allowed me or disallowed me to do things not approved of by the WT. I came to realize after reading the bible for myself and actually having some insight into it that when I had a conflict between what the bible says and what the WT promotes, the bible wins every time.

Its good that you wont allow the elders to rule you, as long as they dont find out

• Tez
    Tez

Too true Daystar, and I still cannot make out why defd comes on this site as he claims to be such a 'faithful witness', somewhere along the line he hasn't taken note of 'bad association spoils useful habits' because he keeps appearing on here!!! I have asked him and he doesn't answer. Do you think he counts his 'time' by coming on this site??? He certainly doesn't come on here with an open mind!!

• defd
    defd

Tez

No I do not count time. Thats pretty silly! I do have an open mind. Some comments I dont respond to because I am Not really into arguing. Granted at times I do get caught up in it, but for the most part i dont. I personally think this topic has run its course. I stated my thoughts and asked for ya'lls and here we are almost a hundred posts later. I wont be commenting on this perticular post any more. I'll try to think of a different subject to talk about (which may be hard seeing that we Jehovahs witness cant think for ourselves)

• undercover
    undercover
    I wont be commenting on this perticular post any more. I'll try to think of a different subject to talk about

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a typical JW response in any debate or argument they can't win.

• TheListener
    TheListener

OK,

I read the article that defd mentioned. I'll say this: If I tried to use that to show that I can have worldly friends my mate would roll up the magazine and beat me senseless with it.

By the way how did "Dan" (in the article) know that everyone he was associating with wasn't a christian? Did he take a minimus poll or something before skating?

• Farkel
    Farkel

dfed,

Hello, oh misled one. THIS is what the WTS thinks of the rest of the world:

*** w58 10/15 614-5 What Will Armageddon Mean for You? ***

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few. They are the few that walk the narrow way or cramped road that leads to life. These will not share in the fighting but will merely sing God's praises.-2 Chron. 20:20, 21; 2 Cor. 10:4, 5; Matt. 7:13, 14.

On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions. Even the professedly Christian organizations? Yes, because all such that are friends of the world are making themselves enemies of God.-1 John 5:19; Jas. 4:4.

Yes, today the earth is filled with wickedness, much innocent blood has been and is being shed, both in war and in peace. Godless men are persecuting Jehovah's servants and ruining the earth. Jehovah will express "indignation against all the nations" and "against all the inhabitants of the earth," because "there is nought but swearing and breaking faith, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery." At Armageddon Jehovah "will cause justice to be done" speedily to "his chosen ones who cry aloud to him" because of being persecuted. At that time he will also "bring to ruin those ruining the earth."-Isa. 34:2; Jer. 25:30; Hos. 4:2, AS; Luke

The above statements have never been rescinded by the Watchtower leaders. That means they are still view as correct doctrine. Now, how can one have recreational association with another when the other person is on "Satan's side," "hating Jehovah" and his "earthly Organization" and be pleasing to "God" at the same time? Would you seek the company of someone so wicked he was condemned to death? No, you would not.

Now that the WTS has realized that their world-wide hatred of everyone but themselves has cost them any hope of ever having great growth in numbers and $$ again, they are trying to soften their stance a little at a time. But it's quotes like the one above which keep coming back to bite them in the ass and show people what they have been like since around 1932.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit