Somethings just not true!

by defd 105 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

billy

I am serious and what do you mean by that?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Why don't you share what YOU mean by your comment.

Be specific.

• TheListener
    TheListener

defd, I keep current on all the literature and honestly missed that statement. That would be a great statement to show others if/when they harass me about some of my friends. This would apply specifically to my family. Please put up a scan or reference.

Good catch.

• carla
    carla

The quotes hardly matter to me in this case. It is the 'group think' that is the point. As a non jw, my research has indicated that the feeling and thinking of the majority of jw's is that the rest of us will be destroyed. Furthermore, even jw's who haven't 'done enough' will also be destroyed. Then the question is, how much is enough?

Are there many that secretly harbor the view that everybody else will not be destroyed? Wishful thinking? The jw I know, says that he does not believe everybody will be killed. Yet, just take a look at the literature and graphics from the wt.

They may pay lip service to the concept of grace, but have no real understanding of it. They like to say, "what and keep being a sinner?!" . Well, yeah. Aren't we all? As if they on one had believe that the org truly is the 'cleanest' org on the face of the planet. Bring up some major or even minor stories of jw's, and the answer is, "that's just one individual'. The org is made up of exaclty 'individuals' which sin everyday, just like the rest of us.

A mature Christian does not need an org to control everyday decisions as the wt does. Including grooming habits! Can you imagine Jesus adding to his sermons, How to Dress for Success as New Convert? Aside from the ridiculous, moral decisions should be made by the Christian (if that's your slant). Throughout history people have tried to legislate and demand certain behaviors from their people. The result is never 'real' changes as they are only learned behaviors, often just to save your skin!

When people do things out true desire and love, then real changes can occur.

whoops! got off track, sorry, that's what happens if you talk to a jw too long! carla

• blondie
    blondie

While the WTS tries to hide this concept from non-JWs, and from students until they are baptized, this is the official WTS doctrine even today. If you are not a dedicated, baptized JW at the time the great tribulation breaks out, you will be destroyed forever.

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

Blondie

• vitty
    vitty

The WT talks out of both side of its mouth. It says in study articles not to judge our brothers, but the set up is that you do. All the crap about public reprof, marking ppl, bad association within the KH, taking away privilges for stupid reasons. With that of course everyone judges everyone else !

And no child is incouraged to have school friends outside school, with the reason that they dont love Jehovah =what a bloody cheek) and that they are going to die at armageddon.

I dont know how long youve been a witness, I suppose it doesnt really matter, my mothers been in for over 40 years and equates the WT as equal to the bible, as do most JWs

• defd
    defd

listener

I cant scan it im at work. But it is in July/August issue

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thanks.

I admit I haven't read the August issues. I only go them last Sunday.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    But nothing has changed since Isrealite history till now.

oh WHO CARES about Israelite history !! really!! it proves NOTHING!! get it through your thick skull that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE NOT God's chosen, you are IN AN APOCALIPTIC CULT!!

• daystar
    daystar

I was a Witness nearly from birth until the time I was 18. We were taught over and over again that "Bad association spoils useful habits". This, in the context of associating with worldly people. Worldy people were always described as at best manipulated and misguided by the Devil. I can recall talks and articles that said while we might think that a worldy person is generally a good person, since they do not worship Jehovah in the way laid out by the Faithful & Discreet Slave, that they should be considered bad association.

And it was always taught that anyone not in the truth, as laid out by the Faithful & Discreet Slave, would be destroyed at Armaggedon. If you have been taught, or believe, otherwise, you are/were taught differently from 99.9% of all other Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit