Somethings just not true!

by defd 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    defd said: my GUESS would be that ( mind you this is only my thought) if the WTBTS put the literature on the site for all easy access the brothers and sisters may say " Since it is on the web why go from door to door."

Ya, no shit eh? More and more people would realize the absolute futility of going and banging on doors which would give them the horrible option of sleeping in on Saturday mornings............

And I'm not sure what planet you're from, but there isn't a Witness over the age of 5 who doesn't know that the Society does not approve of you having "worldly" friends........so don't bother trying to pull this crap where you pretend to believe that this is "new light"----in fact, why are you deliberatly disobeying the GB and posting on this apostate website??

• undercover
    undercover
    but there isn't a Witness over the age of 5 who doesn't know that the Society does not approve of you having "worldly" friends........

There was a time when I was still "in" that I would get a twinge of guilt when I told people something a "friend" did or said. The "friend" being a "worldly" workmate or neighbor. That's how good it worked on me. I felt guilty for calling a "worldly" person "friend".

That's how the WTS wants it to work. They ratchet up the guilt so that you feel bad for everything you think, feel and do. Then they got you.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Somethings just not true!

For instance: Ive read on hear MANY times that the WT promotes the Idea that everyone whos not a Witness are not Friend material or will be destroyed at Armageddon. Well Last night I was reading the Latest Issues an article about How to find good associates. In that article it plainly said that, " Quote on Quote" worldly people, those who do not share our beliefs are not neccessarily bad association! Somethings just not true!

I agree with you 100%, Defd.

One of my 'worldly friends' showed me the WTBTS for what it really is... the UN/NGO debacle, blood is OK in Bulgaria according to the agreements the WTBTS made with the ECHR and Bulgaria but the WTBTS says they never agreed to the agreement they signed, 607 BCE was arrived at by measuring a pagan pyramid, 1975/Armageddon is coming WT doubletalk versus the WTBTS buys Bob Hope's mansion in 1974, believe the WTBTS or believe the Bible because you can't believe both at the same time, etc.

It didn't take very long after I started researching the WT Library on cd-rom to see the discrepancy in their teachings that they call 'New Light'. If the 'Old Light' was so wrong then why did God give it to them other than to see if the JW's would blindly obey something that turned out to be wrong just so they could 'prove' their obedience to him?

It only took a few weeks of researching the organisation's publications with an open heart and mind to realise the WTBTS is NOT from God.

From there, it was very easy to call Bethel and the local congregation and DA myself from the JW/WTBTS organisation.

And all this came about from a 'worldly' friendship that began in May 2004. That's right, Defd.... 14 months ago I still believed the WTBTS was God's voice on earth and look at where I am now....

Member of a Bible believing Church in Knoxville, TN; been on a mission trip or two to spread the Good News about Jesus (was in Nashville, TN. when over 2,500 people accepted Christ as their savior June 18-23, 2005); distribute tracts containing WTBTS quotes and Bible scriptures refuting their false doctrines to active JW's homes in my area; picketed a KH at the Memorial where 99.98% of the JW's deny Christ by refusing the bread and wine; help other doubting JW's in my area in their search for the real Jesus.

I encourage you to continue your association with your 'worldly' friend and hope and pray thet he/she has a good foundation in bible teachings who can help you break free from the grasp of Satan disguised as the WTBTS. The reason the WTBTS tells you to be careful of those inside the congregation is because many active JW's realise the lies and hypocrisy and are beginning to revolt against the demon cult.

Peace and security, my friend

Honesty

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Def'd ... put the full reference up when you get a chance ... will ya? At least the article/page number.

I'll find it in my own magazine and we can take a look at what the phrase really meant when taken in context.

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I always thought that field sevice was very ineffective, I mean armageddon could come tommorrow and we were just limping around the territory, waiting for the hand on the watch to move, damm it LOL

Well, unless GB member Guy Pearce was talking out of turn this weekend over dinner, the new light from the GB will apparently be that NOT everyone will be able to hear the kingdumb message.

And if they don't .... they die ... there is none of that "reading hearts" bullshi'ite.

I'll post more on this when I have time and some FREE NEW TOPIC tickets ... mine are all used up right now.

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

Well Last night I was reading the Latest Issues an article about How to find good associates. In that article it plainly said that, " Quote on Quote" worldly people, those who do not share our beliefs are not neccessarily bad association!

I get the current magazines regularly. I'd be interested in which issue of the Awake or WT this is in, page number too.

Blondie

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

"Quote on Quote" LOLOLOL

Is that like Girl-on-Girl?

-ithinkisee

• willyloman
    willyloman

It's interesting that Carol submitted an extremely poignant post that addressed defd's question, a question he already knows the answer to, by the way, and his ONLY response to her is to complain about the forum's formatting. This gives you some idea of defd's level of intelligence, sensitivity and maturity.

Great story, Carol! thanks for sharing it with us.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I would get a twinge of guilt when I told people something a "friend" did or said. The "friend" being a "worldly" workmate or neighbor. That's how good it worked on me. I felt guilty for calling a "worldly" person "friend".

Almost forgot about that.......

That raised eyebrow from JWs whenever you called any acquaintance outside if the KH bubble a friend. The JW contingent of my family used to do that to me all the time. Your "friend" huh....????? One day is shot back to them...."yeah, my FRIEND !!!!".....letting them know that I didn't care for them trying to correct me or steer my definition of friendship to the BS one they use.

My wife still complains that she doesn't have any real friends even amongst her KH buddies. I told her that if you want "friends" you have to be a "friend" and treat people respectfully as persons and not as opportunities to always "give a good witness".

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes dfd, something is just not true. It's the watchtower. It is just not true. I hope that enough proof has been given you so that you can see that. But, i doubt it.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit