Somethings just not true!

by defd 105 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Ive been here for sometime now. Long enough to know that some peoples hatred toward th WTBTS and some of its members are based on wrong information. For instance: Ive read on hear MANY times that the WT promotes the Idea that everyone whos not a Witness are not Friend material or will be destroyed at Armageddon. Well Last night I was reading the Latest Issues an article about How to find good associates. In that article it plainly said that, " Quote on Quote" worldly people, those who do not share our beliefs are not neccessarily bad association! It went on to say that we need to becareful of ones INSIDE the Congregation. What are ya'lls thoughts on that?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

OK I'll agree to your point until someone comes up with an earlier quote saying the opposite.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Scan it in, I want to see it.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It may say that in one sentance and then proceed to say "But would a wise Christian jeopardize his standing with God by associating with a non-believer?"
    Also, one sentance in one magazine does not constitute a change in thinking. It's when all the books, talks, and assemblies are put together that make the JW doctrine what it is.
    You know full well that "worldly" people are NOT good associations for JW's as per the WTBS. Most of us have spent decades hearing first hand what having "worldly" associates means.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Ive been here for sometime now. Long enough to know that some peoples hatred toward th WTBTS and some of its members are based on wrong information. For instance: Ive read on hear MANY times that the WT promotes the Idea that everyone whos not a Witness are not Friend material or will be destroyed at Armageddon.

I don't know where you're from or how many congregations you've attended, but I was a JW long enough to know that not ALL congregations do or say or act the same way. No matter what the Watchtower says, they do/say their own thing, but preach out of the sides of their mouths another. For instance, in Hawaii, the brothers were very loving and really cared for the flock. They understood what it meant to forgive. In Missouri and Kansas it wasn't like that. They were very judgmental and quick to anger and dismiss anyone that wasn't a full-time pioneer or elder.

Isn't it possible that what you think is "wrong" information is actually "right" information based on that person's geography? The WTS preaches that they ALL teach the same thing, no matter where in the world you might be. Just because we all read the same issue of the Watchtower on a specific Sunday, doesn't mean all the congregational leaders preached the same thing.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    For instance: Ive read on hear MANY times that the WT promotes the Idea that everyone whos not a Witness are not Friend material or will be destroyed at Armageddon

I was a Witness for 18 years. Spin it how you want, but I know what the teachings are. I've been out for 17 years now and I honestly can't work up enough much energy toward them beyond apathy. They are a little sect out of the mainstream and 99% of the world just doesn't give a damn about them.

However in the interests of accuracy I made this post to you a few days ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/94407/1603285/post.ashx#1603285

If we refuse organization instructions, if we forsake the gathering of ourselves together to avoid organization and its obligations, where could we go after Armageddon? Will there be separatists after Armageddon who will each make himself his own society and live as a hermit in a spacious earth, avoiding human contact and preferring animal society? For anyone to forsake the organized congregation of those who are destined to survive Armageddon means for that one never to get past Armageddon into the New World and its theocratic system. -- The Watchtower, August 15, 1953, pp. 500-1

Jehovah God has a place for each one of us in his organization, just as he has a place for the two hundred million times two hundred billion stars of space. Under Jehovah and Christ Jesus, for those of the remnant and those of the "other sheep," for appointed servants and for congregation publishers, for those old and those young in years, for part-time and for full-time ministers--yes, indeed, in this highly organized New World society there is a properly assigned place for each and all. It is therefore most important for every living individual to find his appropriate place quickly in this association. It is not less important either, as the following article shows, that, having found one's place in the constellation of the New World society, one should faithfully remain in it if one hopes to survive Armageddon and live forever in eternal peace and happiness. -- The Watchtower, July 15, 1958, p. 439

Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. -- The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, p. 19: "Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium"

For survival into the Millennium under the Greater Noah, Jesus Christ, they have to remain organized with the anointed remnant, "the chosen ones" on account of whom the days of the "great tribulation" will be cut short. -- The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, p. 19: "Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium"

The message is clear: If we want to survive Armageddon, we must remain spiritually alert and keep the symbolic garments that identify us as faithful Witnesses of Jehovah God. -- The Watchtower, December 1, 1999, p. 18

Each study session should be viewed as a stepping-stone toward the happy day when the new one will symbolize his dedication to Jehovah by water baptism. One of the questions that he will be asked during the baptism ceremony is: "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?" Hence, it is important that he realize he cannot serve God without actively associating with the true Christian congregation. -- Our Kingdom Ministry (April 1997, p. 3) My thanks to Alan Feuerbacher for putting this information together for simple minds like me to find. I do hope that anyone reading this thread will have an answer now to that little voice in their head. For a more detailed analysis of this question, please see: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/saved.htm

• dmouse
    dmouse
    based on wrong information

Well, I wouldn't want my beliefs based on wrong information.

Could you tell us WHICH publication this is from and possibly post a scan?

Don't forget - the WBTS are experts at doublethink. The rank and file are trained to hold two contradictory beliefs about certain things and it depends on the circumstances of the time as to which belief holds precedence.

On the subject of who survives Armageddon, this is what they have said:

*** Watchtower75 12/15 p. 753 The Kind of Persons Approved for God’s New Order ***

We know that the "great tribulation" that is without parallel in human history is just ahead for both

• dmouse
    dmouse

Huh!!

*** w75 12/15 p. 753 The Kind of Persons Approved for God’s New Order ***
    We know that the "great tribulation" that is without parallel in human history is just ahead for both Babylon the Great and her political destroyers. (Matt. 24:3-22, 37-39) This global tribulation is meant to destroy them, not us, for it comes from the hand of the God whom we worship. It will destroy the symbolic "heavens and the earth that are now," this old order. (2 Pet. 3:7) All the same, it will bring with it a climactic test of our faith in God and our devotion to him. Only Christian witnesses of Jehovah who successfully pass this test will survive and come forth like fire-refined gold for God’s use in his precious new order.

Survival book chap. 12 pp. 92-93 Identified for Destruction or Survival? ***/DO YOU HAVE THE MARK?
    10 It would be a serious mistake to conclude that if a person tries to lead a "good" life and if he shuns religions that are doing things clearly condemned in God’s Word, nothing more is required of him. All who hope to survive into the "new earth" must also be unmistakably identified as worshipers of Jehovah. (Revelation 14:6, 7; Psalm 37:34; Joel 2:32)

*** pe chap. 30 p. 255 What You Must Do to Live Forever ***
    14 Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God’s new system. There is only one. There was just the one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization—God’s visible organization—that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal. (Matthew 7:21-23; 24:21) You must be part of Jehovah’s organization, doing God’s will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life.—Psalm 133:1-3.

• defd
    defd

Billygoat I agree with you. And that is a problem I know.But nothing has changed since Isrealite history till now.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    But nothing has changed since Isrealite history till now.

LMAO! Are you being serious???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit