Somethings just not true!

by defd 105 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    When the Bible counsels us to "work what is good toward all," that includes those who do not share your Christian beliefs. (Galatians 6:10) So being careful about choosing your close associates does not mean that you should act as if you were superior to others. (Proverbs 8:13; Galatians 6:3) Such conduct would reflect poorly on your Christian beliefs.

Whats wrong with that undercover? They are telling us NOT to be that way. That is great guidence. Just because alot of Witness do not follow that guidence it is not the fault of the Slave.

Reread what I said:

Why does this question even need to be asked? Because for decades the WTS has painted non-JWs as evil and doomed for destruction and many JWs go to extremes in avoiding worldly people.

I didn't say anything was wrong with it. I question why it needs to be such an issue. The reason it is such an issue is that because many JWs DO act superior to others. Anyone who has associated with JWs long enough will know this. Go back and see how the "world" has been described since the days of Rutherford. Years of being told that they are bad and that only JWs can be good will give you a superiority complex. So, yes, to some degree, it is the WTS fault.

Some Christian youths, however, have gone further than being pleasant; they have formed close bonds with individuals who have little or not interest in spiritual things. Dan, mentioned earlier, had become a very good roller skater. I The people he began to associate with regularly at the local rink were not Christians. Eventually, Dan joined his new "friends" iin engaging in immoral conduct and experimenting with drungs. Realizing that his lifestyle was no longer compatible with Christianity, Dan abandoned his ministry and stopped attending congregation meetings. It was several years before he gathered the strength to make the necessary changes to return to true worship.
    What wrong with this undercover? It is a warning from the bible. Do not parents warn there own kids about the friends they make. Would you allow your son or daughter to hang out with someone who did drugs and was a gang member and ran the streets?, all the things we teach our children not to do. That is all the Slave is doing WARNING us of the dangers that exist, no different!

I don't see any scriptures qouted. Where's the biblical warning at? Going skating and hanging out with gang members running the streets is not the same thing. You have been indoctrinated into how the WTS wants you to see the world, as drug using gang members. No one wants their kids to hang out with the wrong people, but is 99.9% of the population "the wrong people"? That's what the WTS is telling you.

Since all humans are made in God's image, it can be expected that some who do not know Jehovah will manifest fine qualities. As a result, you may find some people to be respectable, even likable, although they do not worship the true God. Should you completely shun such ones simply because they are not acquainted with Bible truths?
    What is wrong with this. They are trying to wake some up here. If you finished the thought instead of cutting it off the answer would be no.

Wake them up from what? From shunning the world? Why were they shunning the world? What influenced them to think the world needed to be shunned?

Like I said before, they set you up with fair and balanced information...like don't shun the world and don't act superior...I never said anything was wrong with that...but then they counsel against making friends who are not JWs. What's wrong is that there is a contradiction. Don't shun the world, don't act superior....but....worldly people don't worship the true God so true worshippers will not become close associates of those who do not worship the same way because if you do you will leave the true worship and become one of the "world". Tell me how that is not acting superior.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It's true not all worldly people are bad associates, they're upstanding citizens. But the truth of it is you are not encourage to associate with these ones needlessly. Keep it to work and things like that. You actually wouldn't make a friend of them.

And if you are not associated with the WTBTS you will NOT get everlasting life. - That's a basic truth - JW truth !

• blondie
    blondie
    Ive been here for sometime now. Long enough to know that some peoples hatred toward th WTBTS and some of its members are based on wrong information. For instance: Ive read on hear MANY times that the WT promotes the Idea that everyone whos not a Witness are not Friend material or will be destroyed at Armageddon. Well Last night I was reading the Latest Issues an article about How to find good associates. In that article it plainly said that, " Quote on Quote" worldly people, those who do not share our beliefs are not neccessarily bad association! It went on to say that we need to becareful of ones INSIDE the Congregation. What are ya'lls thoughts on that?
    Billy as a matter of fact just the other day a brother and I played a game of tennis with a WORKMATE who is not a witness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/22/05 Awake page 19,20, YPA Why Am I Drawn to the Wrong People?

Since all humans are made in God's image, it can be expected that some who do not know Jehovah will manifest fine qualities. As a result, you may find some people to be respectable, even likable, although they do not worship the true God. Should you completely shun such ones simply because they are not acquainted with Bible truths?

By no means. When the Bible counsels us to "work what is good toward all," that includes those who do not share your Christian beliefs. (Galatians 6:10) So being careful about choosing your close associates does not mean that you should act as if you were superior to others. (Proverbs 8:13; Galatians 6:3) Such conduct would reflect poorly on your Christian beliefs.

Some Christian youths, however, have gone further than being pleasant; they have formed close bonds with individuals who have little or not interest in spiritual things. Dan, mentioned earlier, had become a very good roller skater. The people he began to associate with regularly at the local rink were not Christians. Eventually, Dan joined his new "friends" iin engaging in immoral conduct and experimenting with drugs. Realizing that his lifestyle was no longer compatible with Christianity, Dan abandoned his ministry and stopped attending congregation meetings. It was several years before he gathered the strength to make the necessary changes to return to true worship.

defd, if you are really a JW, you know that if you continue to associate with non-JWs on a social level, that you will be counseled by the elders. The brother who was party to this could also be bad association since he does not see the danger involved as the WTS sees it. For you to say that the WTS allows, even encourages, social interaction with non-JWs is dishonest on your part. Saying that the WTS teaches that anyone other than a baptized, dedicated JW and their minor children will survive Armageddon is also deceptive given all the evidence in the WTS publications and the words from the platform. While the WTS does not like to tell non-JWs that, it is a basic doctrine as many quotes on this thread attest. You may have "personal" views on these things but they do not reflect the official stance of the WTS. Blondie

• defd
    defd

You know blondie I do not worry about what the elders might have to say about me when I KNOW I am doing the right thing. If they want to black ball me or take away a priviledge, my mind set is Let them! There is one thing they cannot take away from me and that is my love for God and Jesus and the things I do for them and thats all that really matters in the end. Right?

• defd
    defd

defd, if you are really a JW

Blondie Yes, I am REALLY a Jehovahs Witness. Honest

• blondie
    blondie

But we are not discussing your personal opinion. You stated that what is presented here regarding the WTS position on association with non-JWs and the destruction of all non-JWs at Armageddon is not true. It is true regarding the WTS. It just doesn't represent your personal opinion.

• undercover
    undercover
    I do not worry about what the elders might have to say about me when I KNOW I am doing the right thing. If they want to black ball me or take away a priviledge, my mind set is Let them! There is one thing they cannot take away from me and that is my love for God and Jesus and the things I do for them and thats all that really matters in the end. Right?

There may be hope for you yet...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Is Apocalyptic some sort of JW cough drop?

W.Once

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

defd,

The WBTS does not promote/encourage association of any kind with non-JWs. It's pounded into us at every single meeting I've attended.

Yes, JWs do voice the opinion that they're God's chosen people and everyone else will die in Armageddon. However, they do say that even inside the congregation can be people that are considered 'bad association'.

DY

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If they want to black ball me or take away a priviledge, my mind set is Let them! There is one thing they cannot take away from me and that is my love for God and Jesus and the things I do for them and thats all that really matters in the end. Right?

Then you are not so different from most of the people here on this board. Many, if not most, have chosen to follow their own conscience wherever that leads them. Many, if not most, have been punished by Jehovah's Witnesses for doing so.

Having said that, it is one thing to say you believe non-Jehovah's Witnesses will not die at Armageddon or it is does not bother your conscience to associate with some non-Jehovah's Witnesses. It is, however, quite another to state that the Society feels likewise. As has been clearly and repeatedly said on this thread, and others, they do not share your open-mindedness in these areas.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit